Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 400 Gig Hd

Originally posted by muchspl2+11 March 2004 - 04:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 &#064; 11 March 2004 - 04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toco004@10 March 2004 - 23:26
    1.70 celiron
    1 gig ram
    40 gig hd
    im gonna upgrade later this year .i cant right now cause need
    money for my GF
    [/b][/quote]
    my friend is hendu to

@4th gen
    no i live in newark cali i just say cali cause.....
    ............ i listen to rap

Edit: its not a pore town i just like to think im better then every1 in my town since im
    rich

Klite Clan : <span style='color:purple'> [ThE_Def-EndERS]</span>
    [Clan Site]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by 4th gen+11 March 2004 - 04:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 11 March 2004 - 04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@11 March 2004 - 03:33
    i hate how people at my school will be like my cpu is a 2800xp and stuff and they think there computers are so much betetr than mine but really they arent, imo, ill tell you why:

i really dont like computer half-illiterates.
    I&#39;m just looking at your sig and wondering why you&#39;ve got SP2 on xp installed? [/b][/quote]
    Theres a beta SP2 thats easily found all over the net... Old news.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by 4th gen+10 March 2004 - 23:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 10 March 2004 - 23:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@11 March 2004 - 03:33
    i hate how people at my school will be like my cpu is a 2800xp and stuff and they think there computers are so much betetr than mine but really they arent, imo, ill tell you why:

i really dont like computer half-illiterates.
    I&#39;m just looking at your sig and wondering why you&#39;ve got SP2 on xp installed? [/b][/quote]
    its the beta...

since i signed up on betaplace.com(well whatever the new url is) and i was actually able to legally download it does anybody know if i will get like a reward or something in the mail, i read on another website that these guys got a little cheap radio from microsoft for being beta testers on some project which i cant remember.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    BANNED
    Originally posted by toco004@11 March 2004 - 04:26
    1.70 celiron
    1 gig ram
    40 gig hd
    money for my GF
    nice lot of ram u got there

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by lynx@11 March 2004 - 02:30
    2. Media transfer rate = 757Mb/s - that&#39;s Megabits per second = 95MB/s. So media rate is slower than interface rate. Average.
    Excuse me? Find me a hard drive thats somewhere near 400 gigs that can keep a sustained 100MB/s + transfer rate.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    Whta does OEM mean? :"> :-"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by stupidguy@11 March 2004 - 15:10
    Whta does OEM mean? :">&nbsp; :-"
    Your name suits you well.

Question :-

What does OEM mean?

Answer :-

Original Equipment Manufacturer

OEM hardware almost never comes with manuals, disks, or other support information.
    Since the OEM-packaged hardware is aimed at computer professionals, the manufacturer assumes that the system builder will download the latest drivers off the Web, and that the system builder will not need instructions.

OEM hardware usually comes packaged in an unpadded box or plastic bag.When it is shipped in bulk to the computer company or system builder, the manufacturer just sends it in a minimally padded bulk pack. When unpacked, each unit will usually be wrapped in plastic bags or shrinkwrap.

OEM hardware sometimes carries a different brand stamp.
    As an example, Creative Labs sells Soundblaster-compatible cards to system builders under the "Vibra" brand name. These cards are very similar to their retail counterparts, except that they carry the "Vibra" name instead of the famous "Soundblaster" name.

OEM hardware is cheaper than retail.
    That&#39;s the whole idea behind OEM packaging. By minimizing packaging and cutting various corners, manufacturers can pass the savings on to system builders and other computer companies. If a local computer store is offering equipment at a substantially lower cost than the local competition, they might be reselling OEM equipment.

If an expensive piece of Hardware fails and your dealer leaves you high and dry you may be completely unable to get any service or support &#33;&#33;&#33;
    Remember that with OEM hardware you are usually completely dependent on the dealer for help and warranty service &#33;&#33;&#33;
    If your dealer inspires such confidence OEM components may be a sensible choice for you &#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+11 March 2004 - 13:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 11 March 2004 - 13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@11 March 2004 - 02:30
    2. Media transfer rate = 757Mb/s - that&#39;s Megabits per second = 95MB/s. So media rate is slower than interface rate. Average.
    Excuse me? Find me a hard drive thats somewhere near 400 gigs that can keep a sustained 100MB/s + transfer rate. [/b][/quote]
    How about this? I&#39;m sure the other manufacturers will be bringing out similar sized drives before too long.

I didn&#39;t say it was poor, or anything like that. But it isn&#39;t exactly stunning either, although admittedly you have to pay a lot for very high performance drives.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Originally posted by gungrave+11 March 2004 - 14:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave @ 11 March 2004 - 14:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toco004@11 March 2004 - 04:26
    1.70 celiron
    1 gig ram
    40 gig hd
    money for my GF
    nice lot of ram u got there [/b][/quote]
    thanks

[Clan Site]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by stupidguy+11 March 2004 - 16:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stupidguy @ 11 March 2004 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stupidguy@11 March 2004 - 15:10
    Whta does OEM mean? :"> :-"
    Your name suits you well.

Question :-

What does OEM mean?

Answer :-

Original Equipment Manufacturer

OEM hardware almost never comes with manuals, disks, or other support information.
    Since the OEM-packaged hardware is aimed at computer professionals, the manufacturer assumes that the system builder will download the latest drivers off the Web, and that the system builder will not need instructions.

OEM hardware usually comes packaged in an unpadded box or plastic bag.When it is shipped in bulk to the computer company or system builder, the manufacturer just sends it in a minimally padded bulk pack. When unpacked, each unit will usually be wrapped in plastic bags or shrinkwrap.

OEM hardware sometimes carries a different brand stamp.
    As an example, Creative Labs sells Soundblaster-compatible cards to system builders under the "Vibra" brand name. These cards are very similar to their retail counterparts, except that they carry the "Vibra" name instead of the famous "Soundblaster" name.

OEM hardware is cheaper than retail.
    That&#39;s the whole idea behind OEM packaging. By minimizing packaging and cutting various corners, manufacturers can pass the savings on to system builders and other computer companies. If a local computer store is offering equipment at a substantially lower cost than the local competition, they might be reselling OEM equipment.

If an expensive piece of Hardware fails and your dealer leaves you high and dry you may be completely unable to get any service or support &#33;&#33;&#33;
    Remember that with OEM hardware you are usually completely dependent on the dealer for help and warranty service &#33;&#33;&#33;
    If your dealer inspires such confidence OEM components may be a sensible choice for you &#33;&#33;&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

[Clan Site]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast