Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 400 Gig Hd

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by muchspl2@1 April 2004 - 17:50
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSSCO_2004,11 March 2004 - 09:06
    I'm just looking at your sig and wondering why you've got SP2 on xp installed?
    its the beta...

since i signed up on betaplace.com(well whatever the new url is) and i was actually able to legally download it does anybody know if i will get like a reward or something in the mail, i read on another website that these guys got a little cheap radio from microsoft for being beta testers on some project which i cant remember.

poor choice if you ask me, had to look for this post \cause I don;t know anyone who would want to install sp2

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1154004

Microsoft chairman and chief software architect Bill Gates has outlined Microsoft?s security strategy for the coming year in a letter to customers.

Security changes will be included in Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).

Long term, systems such as caller ID-style technologies for email and behavioural monitoring of software will be introduced.

"Given human nature, evolving threat models and the increasing interconnectedness of computers, the number of security exploits will never reach zero. But we can dramatically blunt the impact of cybercriminals, and are dedicating a major portion of our research and development investments to security advances," Gates wrote in the letter.

SP2 will be released by June. It will strengthen the Windows firewall and turn it on by default, block unsolicited downloads from web sites. It will also include software to work with the new generation of processors, such as the AMD FX 53, which have some anti-virus capability built in. The full letter can be seen on http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/execmail/

I could be wrong, but that sounds like they're trying to police the interweb.
    [/quote]
    well ive been using it almost without any problems except that whenever any spyware comes onto the computer it would run extremely slow, and 2 days ago i was deleting the spyware with spysweeper when the program suddenly froze and i had to restart but after the restart it wouldnt start up anymore, not even in safe mode so i decided i would just format and not install anymore beta service packs...but other than that i have had no problems at all, and i've been using SP2 since newyears eve...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    muchspl2
    it would be wise to not install it ever again if you read between the lines thats just going to cause problems in the future with all the programs we like to "try" before we buy

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by muchspl2@1 April 2004 - 18:07
    it would be wise to not install it ever again if you read between the lines thats just going to cause problems in the future with all the programs we like to "try" before we buy
    The only programs I have ever bought were a couple of games, i think the only ones were the sims, rollercoaster tycoon+all addons and diablo 1 and 2 plus all addons.

Everything else i have has been downloaded or copied from someone else... but anyway, yeah im not going to install it until it is finally released, because i like teh firewall. its got incoming and outgoing and you can choose to block certain programs, there are also ways to stop microsoft products rfom connecting to teh internet, although natively it let's them connect.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Poster
    I am mildly surprised by the fact that despite a HDD of this capacity, it spins at 7200rpm.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Sounds like it will be cool...I remember when I would dream about upgrading my 566Mhz Celeron, 320MB PC100 ram, onboard graphics, 10GB HDD up to a 566Mhz Celeron, 320MB PC100 ram, onboard graphics *20*GB HDD.

I thought that would make it sooo awesome...now were talking about 400GB HDDs haha
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345