Thread: Files In Media Player

TRshady
    Whenever I search for "new" media to add to my libary, after doing so there a load of repeats. Is there a way of stopping this from happening?

Please don't recommend another player.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If the repeats don't exsist anymore, do the search again and they should be gone. If you still have the repeats and originals on your drive, you'll have to do it manually.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You can monitor specific folders so new music is automatically added and deleted music is automatically removed (works for all digital media files). In the music library go to Add/By monitoring folders. I monitor My Shared Folder. This might fix your problem.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    TRshady
    Sorry I can't find the option to monitor anywhere, Looked through help and said the option is is "options" under media libary but it's not there. I use media player 9.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Start WMP9.
    Click 'Media Library', to the left.
    At the top, theres a button that says +Add, click it, and then By Monitoring Folders.. in the menu that pops up.

hth

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Do you mean deleting the files in the File/List?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    This "indexing" is an excellent feature of WMP9. However, as more and more files get added to your library, it takes longer and longer to monitor the files, and remove duplicates. Be patient, it will correct itself soon enough.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS