Thread: Alibi?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    If I was to create a program that could post on this lounge for me (lets use our imagination for this and say it was possible), like start a few spam threads and make generic posts in the spam threads. Do you think if I went out and committed a crime that I could use the board as an alibi?

"Well officer I was in all night making posts on the KL forum...look see here I am."

It would be an easy matter to prove that the Withcheese account was mine, and if the admin cooperated with police and confirmed the IP address...could it work? (Of course all trace of this program would be wiped,,,)

btw: I'm not intending to commit any crimes, I was just curious on peoples views on this...

2. Lounge   -   #2
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    what u do??

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese@12 March 2004 - 00:04
    If I was to create a program that could post on this lounge for me (lets use our imagination for this and say it was possible), like start a few spam threads and make generic posts in the spam threads.  Do you think if I went out and committed a crime that I could use the board as an alibi?

"Well officer I was in all night making posts on the KL forum...look see here I am."

It would be an easy matter to prove that the Withcheese account was mine, and if the admin cooperated with police and confirmed the IP address...could it work?  (Of course all trace of this program would be wiped,,,)

btw: I'm not intending to commit any crimes, I was just curious on peoples views on this...
    Maybe internet.news created such a program and is in fact a criminal mastermind

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Sorry Cheese. Good idea but I think somewhere the original message has a time/date attachment. I think this is carried on with the message and a further time/date of the copy is attached.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    so far its worked for me.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@12 March 2004 - 00:08
    Sorry Cheese. Good idea but I think somewhere the original message has a time/date attachment. I think this is carried on with the message and a further time/date of the copy is attached.
    My theoretical program would make posts in real time. It would make a few threads already written by me in my own style...and also make "generic" posts in threads such as STFU and the spam thread...maybe even say things like hello in your bar. All done in real time (I don't know if such a program is possible, certainly not by me).

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Withcheese+12 March 2004 - 01:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 12 March 2004 - 01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@12 March 2004 - 00:08
    Sorry Cheese. &nbsp; Good idea but I think somewhere the original message has a time/date attachment. I think this is carried on with the message and a further time/date of the copy is attached.
    My theoretical program would make posts in real time. It would make a few threads already written by me in my own style...and also make "generic" posts in threads such as STFU and the spam thread...maybe even say things like hello in your bar. All done in real time (I don&#39;t know if such a program is possible, certainly not by me). [/b][/quote]

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Would it not just be better to get your landlady to post for you. With a promise attached*.

* Of a rent increase.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@12 March 2004 - 00:13
    Would it not just be better to get your landlady to post for you. With a promise attached*.

* Of a rent increase.
    Of course that&#39;s one idea...but then I would be open to blackmail in the future.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by Withcheese@12 March 2004 - 01:14
    Of course that&#39;s one idea...but then I would be open to blackmail in the future.
    So whats new?