Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eminem

Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese@12 March 2004 - 03:15
    I just spent ages typing a repsonse then I remembered that I don't really care that much about what others think...this is a forum ffs. We come here to have a laugh, post crap and chill.

Christ, it doesn't matter to me if the lounge used to be this great place full of wonderful members and golden threads. All that matters to me, and most others who actually post here, is that we have fun.

I know that when I stop enjoying myself I'll leave.
    Who comes here to post crap?? Some people might not want to read "crap".

Of course there is the new talk bar thing, but it seems to me that that was driven by the rubbish threads rather than anyone asking for it.

No, the lounge hasn't always been good, but it has got worse, and it's people that "just want to have fun" that has made it worse.

I believe this board was originally set up to help people using K-Lite, and the lounge sort of developed from that..but the same people that used the lounge gave something back to the rest of the board, that isn't happening now...stupid threads, multiple accounts and spamming only slow things down for the majority of users.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    is ffs one o' these here?

Thanks microsoul

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Originally posted by DirtyDan@11 March 2004 - 20:28
    is ffs one o' these here?
    For Fuck Sake

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969+12 March 2004 - 01:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 &#064; 12 March 2004 - 01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@12 March 2004 - 03:15
    I just spent ages typing a repsonse then I remembered that I don&#39;t really care that much about what others think...this is a forum ffs. We come here to have a laugh, post crap and chill.

Christ, it doesn&#39;t matter to me if the lounge used to be this great place full of wonderful members and golden threads. All that matters to me, and most others who actually post here, is that we have fun.

I know that when I stop enjoying myself I&#39;ll leave.

Of course there is the new talk bar thing, but it seems to me that that was driven by the rubbish threads rather than anyone asking for it.

No, the lounge hasn&#39;t always been good, but it has got worse, and it&#39;s people that "just want to have fun" that has made it worse.

I believe this board was originally set up to help people using K-Lite, and the lounge sort of developed from that..but the same people that used the lounge gave something back to the rest of the board, that isn&#39;t happening now...stupid threads, multiple accounts and spamming only slow things down for the majority of users. [/b][/quote]
    As far as I&#39;m aware people can come here and post what they want this is The Lounge...now I can agree that the multiple usernames got a little out of hand (something that was addressed tonight) but if most people want to post less sensible topics then who are you to say otherwise?

If people want to start silly topics then who are you to say that is wrong? Should we perhaps censor the board so it fits into your views on what we should be doing?

If some people don&#39;t want to read "crap" then don&#39;t feckin&#39; read it...is it that hard?

The board has been given a "sensible" area, a brilliant move in my view, if you people who want things to be less spammy don&#39;t use it is that our fault?

edit:you sucked me back in...I should realise that people don&#39;t agree. Though we all feel passionate about the subject...that at least is good.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by Withcheese@11 March 2004 - 20:36

If some people don&#39;t want to read "crap" then don&#39;t feckin&#39; read it...is it that hard?
    i have a hard time not reading "crap". i get bored and look that word up on the net just to read it because its entertaining, but some people get upset when they read "crap" mostly because they are constipated and it brings back horrible memories of being unable to push brown. ......................it&#39;s sad

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+12 March 2004 - 03:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 12 March 2004 - 03:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@12 March 2004 - 01:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese
    @12 March 2004 - 03:15
    I just spent ages typing a repsonse then I remembered that I don&#39;t really care that much about what others think...this is a forum ffs. We come here to have a laugh, post crap and chill.

Christ, it doesn&#39;t matter to me if the lounge used to be this great place full of wonderful members and golden threads. All that matters to me, and most others who actually post here, is that we have fun.

No, the lounge hasn&#39;t always been good, but it has got worse, and it&#39;s people that "just want to have fun" that has made it worse.

I believe this board was originally set up to help people using K-Lite, and the lounge sort of developed from that..but the same people that used the lounge gave something back to the rest of the board, that isn&#39;t happening now...stupid threads, multiple accounts and spamming only slow things down for the majority of users.
    As far as I&#39;m aware people can come here and post what they want this is The Lounge...now I can agree that the multiple usernames got a little out of hand (something that was addressed tonight) but if most people want to post less sensible topics then who are you to say otherwise?

If people want to start silly topics then who are you to say that is wrong? Should we perhaps censor the board so it fits into your views on what we should be doing?

The board has been given a "sensible" area, a brilliant move in my view, if you people who want things to be less spammy don&#39;t use it is that our fault? [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;ve missed my point...every thread on this board slows it down a little..the people in the past gave something back to the board (even the spammers).

Now that isn&#39;t happening. It seems to me, and I don&#39;t really mind if anyone agrees with me is that some people would be better off using MSN to have a conversation rather than having conversations in almost every thread.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@11 March 2004 - 20:45
    It seems to me, and I don&#39;t really mind if anyone agrees with me is that some people would be better off using MSN to have a conversation rather than having conversations in almost every thread.
    that is what makes this board the best on the net

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969+12 March 2004 - 01:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 12 March 2004 - 01:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@12 March 2004 - 03:36

I believe this board was originally set up to help people using K-Lite, and the lounge sort of developed from that..but the same people that used the lounge gave something back to the rest of the board, that isn&#39;t happening now...stupid threads, multiple accounts and spamming only slow things down for the majority of users.

The board has been given a "sensible" area, a brilliant move in my view, if you people who want things to be less spammy don&#39;t use it is that our fault?
    You&#39;ve missed my point...every thread on this board slows it down a little..the people in the past gave something back to the board (even the spammers).

Now that isn&#39;t happening. It seems to me, and I don&#39;t really mind if anyone agrees with me is that some people would be better off using MSN to have a conversation rather than having conversations in almost every thread. [/b][/quote]
    Though we obviously don&#39;t agree I could see where you were coming from with your other posts and took what you had to say on board.

But that is complete nonsense...the board doesn&#39;t slow down because of the amount of threads that are made...the board runs at the same speed it always did.

Of course people have conversations within the threads and go off-topic, and from these we have chats on MSN and other apps. The most popular thread(s) in this lounge with nearly 7,000 posts has been boab&#39;s chatbar...with it&#39;s one aim of giving a place for people to chat.

When I came to this board there was the Beautiful Day thread, a behemoth of a thread devoted to this. It&#39;s obvious, to me, that this is what people want to use the lounge for.

that is what makes this board the best on the net&nbsp;
    Couldn&#39;t agree more.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+12 March 2004 - 03:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 12 March 2004 - 03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@12 March 2004 - 01:45
    Originally posted by Withcheese@12 March 2004 - 03:36

Now that isn&#39;t happening. It seems to me, and I don&#39;t really mind if anyone agrees with me is that some people would be better off using MSN to have a conversation rather than having conversations in almost every thread.
    Though we obviously don&#39;t agree I could see where you were coming from with your other posts and took what you had to say on board.

But that is complete nonsense...the board doesn&#39;t slow down because of the amount of threads that are made...the board runs at the same speed it always did.

Of course people have conversations within the threads and go off-topic, and from these we have chats on MSN and other apps. The most popular thread(s) in this lounge with nearly 7,000 posts has been boab&#39;s chatbar...with it&#39;s one aim of giving a place for people to chat.

When I came to this board there was the Beautiful Day thread, a behemoth of a thread devoted to this. It&#39;s obvious, to me, that this is what people want to use the lounge for.

that is what makes this board the best on the net
    Couldn&#39;t agree more. [/b][/quote]
    The board does slow down..of course it does, maybe not so as you would notice but of course it does.

Yup BB&#39;s chat bar is excellent, there&#39;s lots of conversation and jokes etc, but it&#39;s not that long ago that a memeber of this board was flamed by a lot of people (including myself) for taking over every thread and having a conversation/joke with it.

I try and not be hypocrittical and this seems to be exactly the same as was happening then.

I hear what you&#39;re saying, but think of the rest of the people that use the full board and not just of having a few laughs with your &#39;mates&#39;

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast