Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Feel Odd And Stupid

Ok, theres a very good chance i'm going to look like a fool asking this, but whatever.......

Ok, this is really annoying me. My cousins keep burning all my movies onto DVD with my DVD burner, and wasteing all my blank DVD's. Now I really wouldn't care if they were just CD-R's, yet blank DVD's aren't cheap. So I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make it so that like I can put a copy-protection on the movies that I burn, to end this problem. With the protection though, it's got to be something that like I'd be able to get past, yet the average person wouldn't be able to get through. Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    h1
    You are odd and stupid. J/K.

Place a dongle lock on your DVD burner.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lock up your blank CD. Yeap that will do the trick.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Use corporal punishment if they ever do it again

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ask them to pay for the blank dvd

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    get "folder guard pro" and disable them from seeing the DVD drive when they login (assuming XP) or password protect it at least - and a bitch slap doesnt go amiss
    <insert signature here>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Pass protected screensaver?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Nice, thanks for the tips. Can&#39;t beat him, or else the parents will get pissed, and if anyone knows a way to make a DVD un-copy-able, please tell, but the password protected screensaver sounds pretty good, so I&#39;ll attempt that.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Remove the DVD burner Drive from the computer. That&#39;z if you dont use the DVD burner alot. U can put it back anytime u want, right???>?>
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by opivykid@12 March 2004 - 06:10
    Ok, theres a very good chance i&#39;m going to look like a fool asking this, but whatever.......

Ok, this is really annoying me. My cousins keep burning all my movies onto DVD with my DVD burner, and wasteing all my blank DVD&#39;s. Now I really wouldn&#39;t care if they were just CD-R&#39;s, yet blank DVD&#39;s aren&#39;t cheap. So I&#39;m wondering if anyone knows how to make it so that like I can put a copy-protection on the movies that I burn, to end this problem. With the protection though, it&#39;s got to be something that like I&#39;d be able to get past, yet the average person wouldn&#39;t be able to get through. Thanks&#33;
    in XP: just deny him/her permission to use the burn prog:

goto tools--&#62; folder options--&#62;view, unclick "use simple file sharing"

then goto your burner folder--&#62; right-click--&#62; properties--&#62; security--&#62; Add--&#62;Advanced--&#62;find now, then look up his profile name--&#62; OK--&#62;OK, select his profile name--&#62;deny "full controll", press apply, and voila...........

btw, over here blank DVD&#39;s cost 3 times a blank CD, but you can fit 7 times the amount of data on it.............. so that&#39;ll save you 4 CD&#39;s...........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast