Thread: Internet Explorer

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    If you have ever tried to design a website and found that your site displays properly in one browser and no another there is now a workaroud. the main problem was that internet explorer the most popular webrowser never followed the w3 standards so some smart ass decided to right a nice style sheet to load and parse pages in internet explorer

here the site has been /. 'd so it might be a while before you can find the style sheet.

mirror

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Nice find

Though in many cases, it's easier to use a W3-standard browser (Most notably Mozilla/FireFox or Opera but usually any browser that doesn't use the IE engine) for browsing and either use a non-MS web design program (e.g. Macromedia Dreamweaver) or resort to hand coding for creating pages.

Internet Explorer's a generic browser for Windows. Unfortunately, it'll only be generic for a long while.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I use firefox myself but this is aimed more at people making website so that when they design it they can have it display properly for people using internet explorer.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    h1
    Nice find, 4play.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    Odd... None of the HTML examples listed here works on IE6 for me. They all just display a blank page...