Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2 Quick Questions

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    North-east england UK
    Posts
    2,661
    Q1) How can i find out how much power my PSU is using? Preferably using AIDA32

    Q2) I got a side fan with my case and want to know a good program that can control its speed and if it blows in and out

    thanks

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    1) no way to see the psu usage, but you can check the voltages to see how far off from there normal voltage they are running (eg. 12v running at 12.03) using motherbord monitor

    2) cant control a fan that is plugged in using a molex connector only the ones that plug directly into the motherboard. alternatively you could buy a fan speed controller for your computer that fits into a cdrom drive bay.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    North-east england UK
    Posts
    2,661
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@13 March 2004 - 18:05
    2) cant control a fan that is plugged in using a molex connector only the ones that plug directly into the motherboard. alternatively you could buy a fan speed controller for your computer that fits into a cdrom drive bay.
    roughly how much would a decent one cost?

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Originally posted by Marius24+13 March 2004 - 15:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 @ 13 March 2004 - 15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@13 March 2004 - 18:05
    2) cant control a fan that is plugged in using a molex connector only the ones that plug directly into the motherboard. alternatively you could buy a fan speed controller for your computer that fits into a cdrom drive bay.
    roughly how much would a decent one cost? [/b][/quote]
    30 or 40 canadian, i guess that would be like 20 us.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,656
    my bros got a fan controler thing its where a cd drive can go look on over clockers or ebuyer for 1

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    North-east england UK
    Posts
    2,661
    Originally posted by gungrave@13 March 2004 - 20:15
    my bros got a fan controler thing its where a cd drive can go look on over clockers or ebuyer for 1




    If i get a new PSU does it matter what wattage it is?

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Originally posted by Marius24+13 March 2004 - 17:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 @ 13 March 2004 - 17:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave@13 March 2004 - 20:15
    my bros got a fan controler thing its where a cd drive can go look on over clockers or ebuyer for 1




    If i get a new PSU does it matter what wattage it is? [/b][/quote]
    yeah it should be atleast 350watt, the higher the better.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    North-east england UK
    Posts
    2,661
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+13 March 2004 - 21:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 13 March 2004 - 21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Marius24@13 March 2004 - 17:07
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @13 March 2004 - 20:15
    my bros got a fan controler thing its where a cd drive can go look on over clockers or ebuyer for 1





    If i get a new PSU does it matter what wattage it is?
    yeah it should be atleast 350watt, the higher the better. [/b][/quote]
    ok, thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •