Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craaaaaaaaap

Poster
    Originally posted by opivykid@13 March 2004 - 22:55
    Probibly because the damn thing is running. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL, and check the running processes. See if "start.exe" is there, then kill it, then delete it with NOD32

-Nah, it's not

-----------------------------------

Navigate to the parent directory of the one containing the virus in DOS and list the folders in that directory. Does the suspect directory appear there?

-I'm going risk looking like a retard, and ask you how to go about doing this...
    Start>run>cmd>enter
    Then you have to navigate to the directory you want to get to. To go forward a directory, type "cd" and then the directory name. For example, if you're in C:\ and you want to go to program files, type:

cd program files

If you want to go back one directory, type

cd..

Once you've navigated to C:\Documents and Settings\owner\localsettings\temp\

type in

dir

This should now give you a full list of all the files and folders in that directory. Good luck.

P.S. Your question by no means makes you look retarted, quite the opposite. It reflects badly on me as I didn't give you enough information to help you. Sorry
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Nah it's not finding anything. I also scanned the temp folder with nod32, and now it isn't finding anything, so who knows...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by opivykid@13 March 2004 - 23:08
    Nah it's not finding anything. I also scanned the temp folder with nod32, and now it isn't finding anything, so who knows...
    Try rebooting into Safe mode (press F8 during boot) and scan with NOD32 again...
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123