Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morpheus New Version

Adware !!

March 13th, 2004

Changes in Current Version:

* Connects to FastTrack and eDonkey almost immediately upon computer restart
    * Small bug fixes

News Source & Download

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I just downloaded the Morpheus program and when i try to installed i get this error message saying 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.' Anyway to fix this problem thanks.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I know that the program was more stable with me when I uninstalled all installations of kazaalite, e-donkey, overnet, etc. on my computer. It was able to do much more then, especially when i deleted all registry entries containing any of these words, including also "morpheus". Now that's what I call a clean install.

Along those same lines.....
    Lots of people have been complaining of the new Morpheus program causing an error resembling "ran out of memory at line 353" or "error reading memory at line 353". It's directly tied to the program finishing connecting to the server, as it takes awhile between opening morpheus and the error message. Oh, and a few seconds after that nifty little error message comes up--Windows LOCKS UP for several minutes and Morpheus shuts down in the interim. I know the new version is kind of a beta, but if anyone knows a possible solution for this, and/or a forum that is more likely to offer a solution, I'd be much obliged. Because the error occurs consistently, every time Morpheus is on for five or so minutes. I can't use the thing at all, and it annoyingly messes with programs that are running at the time, causing them to crash as well. It also actually crashes the crashsaver.exe thing that tries to document the crash itself.

I am running WinXP, SP2, p4 1.5ghz, 128mhz RAM; the crash occurs no matter what other programs are running. I've performed several ultra-clean installs. Nothing.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Alright...
    Thanks for the notice .
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BTW, does morpheus itself use mlnet.exe? Or is this conflicting with morpheus? It errors out after opening Morpheus, too, and I know that mldonkey uses this as part of its core, but does the new morph version use it too?

Why doesn't morpheus even have a forum!!???!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Why the hell would you install this spywear ridden piece of crap, if you want companys to log every keystroke you make, recording every site you visit then this is the app for you, personaly i prefer my computer clean....

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I use every adware/spyware cleaner known to man. I have no fear of Morpheus; the only prog I hated enough not to use was the original KazAa. I'm trying to get it to work NOW because I can remember when it used to actually be decent, and I think it might be decent again (minus all the malware, of course.)

So it's kind of a nostalgia thing, to be honest. I'm trying to connect to as many networks as possible to find some very, very rare files I need; I'm already using nearly every p2p out there on an experimental basis.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Morpheus was king at one time now since there comeback utter crap klite or bt

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    ...I am running WinXP, SP2, p4 1.5ghz, 128mhz RAM; the crash occurs no matter what other programs are running. I've performed several ultra-clean installs. Nothing.

This post has been edited by Phyltre on 24 March 2004 - 12:19
    I'm assuming you mean 128MB of REAM not 128mhz. 128MB is way too little RAM. Add some more RAM.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Well 128 used to be big...
    Now its nothing, I need to get 512 or 768.
    Im stuck with 256.
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast