Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Death Of Overnet...

I have been noticing a HUGE loss of files on Overnet. Previously, a skate video would take no less than 4 hours if it were fairly popular and 700MB and less.

Now, this same download will take about 5 ENTIRE days to finish, with all the waiting in line, finding sources, download speeds, lack of users... etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Oh, and trust me, I download big name stuff using Overnet Lite and this STILL occurs.

PS: I just realized that my it may be my OS ME. Could this have any effect on my downloads?

PSS: I'm back, BITCH! (yea, you probably didn't even notice)

Anon.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    yes this is the case that overnet is slowing down, i have overnet lite, and my speeds used to over 100 kb/s (1mb connection) now they are 30-40kb/s, and thats not good!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    guys for the last time, please pay attention, WHEN COMES TO P2P YOUR DOWNLOAD SPEED DEPENDS ON THE #OF SOURCES FOR THE FILE AND THEIR UPLOAD SPEED.

it depends on what you are sharing, and how many files, and how much bandwidth for upload,.

my speeds on overnet are still kicking ass, on some files where i'm queued or soruces are not available then yes it might be slow.

@antiwinner22 if you can download the same exact file on overnet, that means that you are not sharing that file,(overnet does not allow you to download a file you already have)

so either its not the same exact file or you are not sharing what you are downloading, in which case what do you expect??

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I FIND THAT OVERNET LITE HAS SLOWED

previously when i downloaded files with atleast 15 sources with overnet lite i used to get 9-12KB(my connection permits only that).but now i find that it has slowed.i tried files with 255 sources also.all of them give 2-6 KB and rarely go further up and their speed varies a lot.MAYBE EVERYONE IS USING OVERNET.so the speed may going down.IS ANYONE ELSE FINDING THIS.PLEASE REPLY.

this was written by me in the 13th page of overnet lite thread started by tmpj.check its last page out many other people replied to me saying they r facing the same problem.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by nikhil_rulez@14 March 2004 - 08:04
    I FIND THAT OVERNET LITE HAS SLOWED

previously when i downloaded files with atleast 15 sources with overnet lite i used to get 9-12KB(my connection permits only that).but now i find that it has slowed.i tried files with 255 sources also.all of them give 2-6 KB and rarely go further up and their speed varies a lot.MAYBE EVERYONE IS USING OVERNET.so the speed may going down.IS ANYONE ELSE FINDING THIS.PLEASE REPLY.

this was written by me in the 13th page of overnet lite thread started by tmpj.check its last page out many other people replied to me saying they r facing the same problem.
    and where did you see the number of sources?? how do you know how many sources you have??

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA oddly enough ive been getting some of my best speeds with fewer sources these past weeks.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    @MUSLEMAN... Yes, I do share what I download (Leechers can go to HELL&#33. It wasn't that big of a file anyway, so I tested it out with it (If you want to know, its "The DC Video").

My first time it took about half the day to complete. My 2nd once-over took 5 days. Throughout these five days, a WHOLE lot of it was "looking..." and if it actually got to start connecting after the wait in line it would be "No Needed Parts"

I have been noticing it, but I really don't care. I still think it is super kick ass, I just wish that its magic that it had when it first was released stayed.

Anon.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by antiwinner22@14 March 2004 - 21:37

My first time it took about half the day to complete. My 2nd once-over took 5 days. Throughout these five days, a WHOLE lot of it was "looking..." and if it actually got to start connecting after the wait in line it would be "No Needed Parts"
    Oh yeah I've been getting that you but unlike you I've only had Overnet Lite for the last few days so I never had any experience with downloads of more than 20K from a file.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    be patient guys every file will not download the same speed.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Overnet slow down.
    Because there are many Emule mods ban and leech Edonkey2000.
    Most famous leech mods are SWAT and EastShare.
    It also means Overnet is leeched by Emule.

This is what New version Edonkey client have to release as soon as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast