Thread: Divx To Vcd...

Okay here is the dealio.... first lemme say thanks SOO much to aacat13 for helping me SOOO MUCH !!!
    I totally get the way to convert divx to vcd....... but someone asked me what the quickest... easiest way....
    to convert from divx to vcd ... with the same quality..... nsync and whatnot..... I have NOO idea if there is a quicker way.. if anyone does.. any info would be very much appriciated !!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I don't think there is an easier or quicker way. If you want easier, then keep experimenting with TMPGenc. If you want quicker, buy more RAM, get a faster computer or encode smaller sized movies. Are you still all Confuzzled?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    LOL !!! YOUR FUNNY !!! Not I am no longer Confuzzled .. I have been set FREEEEE !!! Perhaphs I should change my screen name to Unconfuzzled now.... Thanks SOOO MUCH for replyin....and for tha info....

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Well at least it was never Dazed and Confuzzled.I'm very glad you succeeded,I think Shinigami is correct
    Shinigami Posted on 8 March 2003 - 21:58
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think there is an easier or quicker way. If you want easier, then keep experimenting with TMPGenc. If you want quicker, buy more RAM, get a faster computer or encode smaller sized movies. Are you still all Confuzzled?   
    There are easier methods such as nero(with the wizard) and the new easy cd& dvd creator 6 but you have little control over the results.You will produce more coasters.I personaly encode overnight when I sleep.Nero (wizard) and easy cd& dvd creator 6 seem to offer no choice of aspect ratio(I prefer 4:3 525 as I don't own a wide screen tv...goto go have fun converting...

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Thanks SOO much for the info !!! I finally think I got the hang of it !!! I am just gonna stick to the way I have been doin it... I don'r wanna get all confuzzled agian !!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    halo
    i have a couple of questions
    1. in tmpgenc project wizard (1/5), what will happen if i choose video cd ntsc when the file is a 25fps pal file and vice versa
    2. in tmpgenc project wizard (4/5), how do i change the value in the "make the file size [ ] % of disk capacity" area
    thanx

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    DARKSHADOW's Avatar Poster
    Xcian
    1 nothing will happen it will just encode to that format ,but because u've
    mismatched the framerate the odds r when u play it back it will b jerky

2 to alter the file size,say to fit a whole movie on 1cd on 4/5 choose expert,under video click bitrate then unlock,lower u go smaller the file(less quality)
    then under system tab,stream type choose vcd nonstandard,if u don't change the stream type it wan't take afect

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    halo
    thanx darkshadow
    i think i won't have to adjust the file size anymore. i converted a divx movie (trainspotting, 86minutes) to mpeg. the file size ended up being 800+mb. i thought it wouldn't fit into a 90minute 800mb cdr. i opened nero and loaded the movie to make sure. nero said it was just above 750mb and below 800mb. i haven't burned it yet. i guess it would fit. i hope nero doesn't change anything and that ~760mb file size stays
    thanx

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    quezwood
    Go to www.vcdhelp.com

The quickest way would be dvd2svcd - it will allow you to transfer divx/dvd to vcd/svcd with just a few clicks after you get set up.