Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Let's Do A Few Classics

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I have pictures all over the bloody place.

I'd probably burn to death getting them out.

My PC is upstairs, so I probably couldn't get that.

My toolbox (in my kitchen ) I could probably just roll it about 5 feet and momentum would take it right throught the wall.

I think I'd probably lose it all, but as long as the lovely and gracious escapes with me, and the pussycats are out, that's all that matters.

I've already lost everything a couple of times, so I guess I'm a bit jaded when it comes to possessions.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    My house burned down twenty years ago.......

My cat meowing the next morning was the sweetest sound imaginable.

Though i lost my complete recordcollection(4000.....), including my Jerry Riopelle

collector's items and also all my photonegatives were gone, it also made a nice

cleanup of stuff i kept, wich actually only took space.

The insurance-money made for a sweet buying spree, i ended up getting a much

nicer place and i must say it was one of the most beautifull fires i ever saw.....

Yogi

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Well, I have this sash from when I was the president of my students club. People have pissed and puked on it ( :x), but it's the most precious thing in my house (next to marc, duh). It's yellow and red and is handmade. I'll post a picture later on.
    Marc keeps saying I should throw it away because it smells but I always tell him that when something happens to it, something will happen to his guitar

Edit: here's the pic

Image Resized
    [img]http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Skweeky-PICT0002.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Busyman, I have washed it, but it never got the smell out

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Skweeky@15 March 2004 - 09:05
    Well, I have this sash from when I was the president of my students club. People have pissed and puked on it ( :x), but it's the most precious thing in my house (next to marc, duh). It's yellow and red and is handmade. I'll post a picture later on.
    Marc keeps saying I should throw it away because it smells but I always tell him that when something happens to it, something will happen to his guitar

Hey Skweeky, why not uhhhh........wash it Skweeky clean!!!

My advice to everyone:

Get a fireproof safe.

Digitize your photos

If you can afford it, invest in a safe deposit box. It's a good place to keep loose cash if you don't want it in your bank account.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Originally posted by Busyman+15 March 2004 - 10:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 15 March 2004 - 10:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@15 March 2004 - 09:05
    Well, I have this sash from when I was the president of my students club. People have pissed and puked on it ( :x), but it&#39;s the most precious thing in my house (next to marc, duh). It&#39;s yellow and red and is handmade. I&#39;ll post a picture later on.

Hey Skweeky, why not uhhhh........wash it Skweeky clean&#33;&#33;&#33;

My advice to everyone:

Get a fireproof safe.

Digitize your photos

If you can afford it, invest in a safe deposit box. It&#39;s a good place to keep loose cash if you don&#39;t want it in your bank account.[/b][/quote]
    You are sooooo practical, Busyman.

I suppose, though, that you&#39;ve used up your personal allotment of risk-aversity merely by choosing to live in our Nation&#39;s capital, eh?

Skweeky-

Great-lookin&#39; sash, babe&#33;

How did it get pissed on, though?

Yogi-

Had a divorce-just like your fire; everything gone...

Losing her was worth the cost of that dance, though.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Well erm...see

When you study at VUB (Free University of Brussels) and you become a member of a students club, you get a hat, we call it a &#39;klak&#39; :

Image Resized
    [img]http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Skweeky-PICT0003.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

The idea of this is to show who you are, what you are studying etc...

This &#39;klak&#39; gets its own baptism. Most clubs just pour methyl blue over it, and some oil or mayonaise. Other clubs, including mine, take it a bit further and let all the older members pee on it. It means that you totally accept the other members of your club and that you will share everything with them (that&#39;s what we tell the new members, we just do it to see their face when we tell them to put it on their head ).

Anyway, the same thing goes for the new sash of every president. It&#39;s mostly done during a big street parade called &#39;St-Vé&#39; and/or at the clubs baptism.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Skweeky-

I am speechless.

Over here, you must join an outlaw motorcycle club or play high school football to be initiated in such an unhygienic fashion.

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #48
    And those are only initation things, what we do to them at baptisms is so much worse

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Originally posted by Skweeky@15 March 2004 - 12:49
    And those are only initation things, what we do to them at baptisms is so much worse
    Please, spare me.

Like what things?

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Well, they have to be completely naked and it&#39;s damn cold in a shed in november. They have to crawl through a bath filled with pee, puke, rabbit food, pigs intestins and blood, beer, colourants,flour, eggs...
    They have to present themselves to the president and give themselves a wedgie to show respect.
    They have to perform all sorts of sketches while we throw rabbit food mixed with old mayonaise and chicken fat at them
    They have to wash themselves outside with cold water in the middle of november at 11 PM
    Etc...

Hehehe, yeah, being in a students club is so fun

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast