Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Ok To Be Wrong.

I have noticed a tendancy that when someone is successfully refuted or shown to be wrong, they just disappear.

Isn't the point of this forum to post what you think is true, but if given new insight, to acknowledge your shortcomings and adapt to new information.

Is it so hard to admit you are wrong? I guess it all boils down to how secure you are offline.

I welcome criticism as it allows me to appreciate whether I am right or if there are different perspectives I should consider.

If I had all the right answers, there would be no point to post.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@15 March 2004 - 01:00
    I have noticed a tendancy that when someone is successfully refuted or shown to be wrong, they just disappear.

Isn't the point of this forum to post what you think is true, but if given new insight, to acknowledge your shortcomings and adapt to new information.

Is it so hard to admit you are wrong? I guess it all boils down to how secure you are offline.

I welcome criticism as it allows me to appreciate whether I am right or if there are different perspectives I should consider.
    being wrong makes my Epenis smaller

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by hobbes@15 March 2004 - 00:00
    If that were true 4th gen would have left about 3 accounts ago

Anyway, on topic now... In my own words:

Life is about learning, I am content to modify or retract ideas (even apologise if clearly in error) in the light of something better. However, I do expect the "something better" to be robust and coherent.

I am rather unmoved by 1) long diatribes 2) short insults 3) any permutation of 1 and 2 - the rest I take as I find.

B)

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by scribblec+15 March 2004 - 02:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 15 March 2004 - 02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@15 March 2004 - 01:00

Isn&#39;t the point of this forum to post what you think is true, but if given new insight, to acknowledge your shortcomings and adapt to new information.

Is it so hard to admit you are wrong?&nbsp; I guess it all boils down to how secure you are offline.

being wrong makes my Epenis smaller [/b][/quote]
    Can you E-mail an Epenis?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Some people are just so up them selves and they have this thing in their head that if you dont think the same way as they do, you are wrong and they cant handle it.

Then when you prove a point, they go somewhere else and try convince other people that they are stupid and they will continue to do that untill they get a........

man im dribbling shit...

6. Lounge   -   #6
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+15 March 2004 - 01:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 15 March 2004 - 01:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by scribblec@15 March 2004 - 02:01
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @15 March 2004 - 01:00

Isn&#39;t the point of this forum to post what you think is true, but if given new insight, to acknowledge your shortcomings and adapt to new information.

Can you E-mail an Epenis? [/b][/quote]
    no but mine is 12 inches hence the term epenis

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Lamsey+15 March 2004 - 02:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 15 March 2004 - 02:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@15 March 2004 - 00:00
    If that were true 4th gen would have left about 3 accounts ago [/b][/quote]
    1. Lamsey used the subjunctive mood.
    2. I meant in that thread, not from the board.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by scribblec+15 March 2004 - 02:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 15 March 2004 - 02:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@15 March 2004 - 01:04
    Originally posted by scribblec@15 March 2004 - 02:01
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @15 March 2004 - 01:00

Can you E-mail an Epenis?
    no but mine is 12 inches hence the term epenis [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t worry, it will grow.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    There are always two opinions, in every subject. Mine and the wrong one.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It cant be Ok to be wrong. If you are wrong you are wrong. If you are ok you are not wrong. Is that right or am I wrong. Is this where I disappea
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast