Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kazaa Lite & Download Resuming Issues

BANNED
    you should get emule for rare files

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    Originally posted by jim1013@22 March 2004 - 12:29
    I know the user is back online because i have done a NEW SEARCH, for the file (which i already have part of) and i click download and the NEW DOWNLOAD starts from the NEW SEARCH while the original download stays stagnant. I recognise the usernames some of these times.

I am behind a router myself, and yes, i do use KANAT. however this is irrelevant - as the download works when i create a new download but does not continue from the old download.

More recently I have been usine Kazaa Lite Ressurection 007 ? or whatever the versionn number is. I haven't noticed any issues with the DAT files yet, but i'll be sure to keep an eye on it.
    well as i said if that user is behind a router then the old file will not start because klite does not store the local ip so when the user comes back on that file will not recognize it because there is no ip to connect to as far as the dat file is concerned.

try merging the 2 files.

3. File Sharing   -   #13

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Thanks for those suggestions and the handy link for merging dat files - i'll give that a try!

Yep i got emule now - although i got shareaza recently, and it seems to be better at searching a whole lot of emule servers. (better than emule that is). It is definatley great for some rare, fairly large files. most of my downloads through it go at 1 KB/sec though , with the occasional fast one every now and then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12