Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Is This Happening?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i'm dling rotk the 2dvd image (8 gig), and i'm connected to 102 peers with total speed of 2504kb/s! and yet, i'm only dling at 35kb/s!!!! WTFFFF!!!
    y is this happening? y can't i dl faster?

no, i have nothing else using any bandwidth, and my firewall and router are all configured to allow the bt ports. y can't i go faster? my upld speed is around 30kb/s, and hasn't changed for 2 days.

anyone wanna shine some light? i've had htis happen b4, but when ur trying to dl a 8 gig file, it's pretty annoying

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    lol you think thats slow i can't get off 0.0kb and yes theres plenty of seeds just be patient and wait eventually luck will come your way

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    man use mirc , i got the full dvd rip quality return of the king 3 x 700 meg xvid ac3 in like 6 hours and its awsome

get the scream version its the best

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    if ya uploads at 30 i think u should bring it down a bit, put max uploads to 10 and max speed to 15 - this is if u are using shadows, now the uploda should come down and ya download will rise
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@15 March 2004 - 06:00
    i&#39;m dling rotk the 2dvd image (8 gig), and i&#39;m connected to 102 peers with total speed of 2504kb/s&#33; and yet, i&#39;m only dling at 35kb/s&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; WTFFFF&#33;&#33;&#33;
    y is this happening? y can&#39;t i dl faster?

no, i have nothing else using any bandwidth, and my firewall and router are all configured to allow the bt ports. y can&#39;t i go faster? my upld speed is around 30kb/s, and hasn&#39;t changed for 2 days.

anyone wanna shine some light? i&#39;ve had htis happen b4, but when ur trying to dl a 8 gig file, it&#39;s pretty annoying
    The problem&#39;s not always at your end.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    what connection speed are you on?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    1500 adsl 10meg a minute, and a few tweaks in mirc and it never goes below 160k/s

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Originally posted by bilko@15 March 2004 - 04:33
    if ya uploads at 30 i think u should bring it down a bit, put max uploads to 10 and max speed to 15 - this is if u are using shadows, now the uploda should come down and ya download will rise
    i thought "ur dl speed is related to ur upld speed". so if my upld speed is lower, the dl speed rises?

and i don&#39;t think this version is on irc. i&#39;m talking bout the one with chinese subs. (i have a few threads in movieworld bout this)

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    If you can only upload at 32KB max (ie 256 kb up) then (afaik) an upload speed of 30KB basically means that your connection is flooded ie requests for stuff to download (ie the overheads) are being slowed or queued because theres no upload bandwidth spare. Set the max upload to about 25 - 27KB (if u have a 256 upload speed) that should speed up your downloads a bit. But as other people said it might not be a problem at your end, if the seed : peer ratio is low then that might be the cause.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Originally posted by ilw@15 March 2004 - 16:00
    If you can only upload at 32KB max (ie 256 kb up) then (afaik) an upload speed of 30KB basically means that your connection is flooded ie requests for stuff to download (ie the overheads) are being slowed or queued because theres no upload bandwidth spare. Set the max upload to about 25 - 27KB (if u have a 256 upload speed) that should speed up your downloads a bit. But as other people said it might not be a problem at your end, if the seed : peer ratio is low then that might be the cause.
    the ratio is 1.5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast