Thread: Universal Remote

Poster
    I have an old TV without a remote so I bought a universal one but it didn't work... How can I get the TV to switch to AV without a remote... My new TV can do it by pressing the up and down channels buttons but the old one wont... Unless i put in my DVD player then it switches to AV but it goes back to CH1 as soon as I take it out.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Time to get the manual out?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    I've read it... It musn't be compatible with this TV.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    What brand is your TV? Sony, Panasonic, etc. All the new universal remotes support most of the popular TV brands.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    muchspl2
    get a different universal remote
    some do more than other, just have to get lucky

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    It's a Daewoo whatever that is ... The instructions have some codes you have to enter for each brand... I tried all the ones under daewoo but it didn't work so I tried the search fuction(when the tv turns off your suppose to press a button real fast) The TV turned off so I pressed the buton real fast but it still didn't work... I'll buy another remote.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The most common mistake using these controls is forgetting to switch to the function you want to use(Me, every time ) before you use it. Like trying to play the video when the control is logged on to the tv. As for dvd, some dvd's automatically control the tv as soon as they are switched on. I could be wrong. If I am then I may be in the wrong thread.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.