Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Pop-up Blocker

h1
    I just passed every test with every nightly trunk release of Phoenix / Firebird / Firefox since 0.2.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    Popup Block works best for me.

You can get it HERE or HERE.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I was initially using Ad Muncher which passed every single test on popuptest.
    But ad muncher also removes all ads from web pages, but I found on ebay it also removed the site visit number in auctions which I didn't like and I couldn't find a way around this in its settings. I also didn't mind ads on web pages because I'm on broadband and don’t really need to save bandwidth.
    I would recommend ad muncher to users with dial-up or something as I found in a month of using ad muncher it removed something like 3000+ ads which was a saving of 300mb downloading. (Those figures are a little estimate as I uninstalled it a fortnight ago).

But at the moment I am running IE6 with Popup Blocker 1.65 (links in post above) which I found passed all tests but only failed on two, but not really though:
    Floating popup - stopped the pop-up from floating though;
    Drop-down popup – appeared but didn’t make a difference.

So I have decided to stay with IE6 with the popup blocker 1.65 installed, it has so far not let me down since I installed it a fortnight ago.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I retain my strong dislike to PopUpCop - as after installing it, I was greeted with the appearance of an ugly toolbar in IE:

Image Resized
    [img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/klrulez/1.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Well of course there is a small toolbar in IE, it is relatively small in comparison to the "Google Toolbar" that you had installed ...It"s better than having a icon in your taskbar tray...if you looking for good looks over functionality..then don"t use it B)
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by haxor41789@15 March 2004 - 22:29
    I just passed every test with every nightly trunk release of Phoenix / Firebird / Firefox since 0.2.
    I prefer using something the can work well with any browser not just Internet explorer.

@gregster007

Just add a custom filter for that site.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    h1
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@16 March 2004 - 13:58
    I prefer using something the can work well with any browser not just Internet explorer.
    Excuse me?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by haxor41789+16 March 2004 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 @ 16 March 2004 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@16 March 2004 - 13:58
    Excuse me? [/b][/quote]
    Sorry . A Miss-quote. . I meant the other stuff. They seem specific to only one Web Brower.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Proceeding my instant disability to being capable of discovering a serial for Popup XP, I referred to a previously-posted topic: https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=64116.

The advise being provided regarding a performing pop-up blocker, was of the highest of integrity. Zero Popup passed the entirety of the tests, in similarity with Ad Muncher - however, it does not feature a crap GUI, useless features, but I purely well-design, well integrated program. Being knowledgable of the serial is accomplished with ease in conjunction with the aid being provided by Google.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BANNED
    google toolbar, or mozilla firefox

btw, this is my 500th post&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; woooo&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast