Thread: How To Kazaa With Firewall?

Hi all,

I have found recently an advice topic in the forum. Thanx, it was useful: I dicovered that my zonealarm is the one which prevents me to have speed downl.

the question is that i use the same to hide most of my identity as i have earlier described. how can i have both: to hide my id in the local wlan netw and to not to block the incoming packages as nowadays ZA does? plus, isn't that dangerous: to not to block the incoming packages or that ones will always be in connection of my actual dl and not trojans, etc.?

i hope, u could understand me...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    h1
    Click on the word "P2P" in my sig and download KaNAT. Forward your firewall port using your router, and use KaNAT to replace the LAN IP with the WAN IP.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thx Haxor,

I have kanat, installed. This is do not understand: "Forward your firewall port using your router".

I have just clicked raplace now, and now the current ip is in the wan ip field.

still speed is down. yesterday, i have accepted manualyy by za the ranges from where most of the packets were sent and then it went like crazy. now it is again slow. what can be the problem?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    h1
    Go to KL -> Options - > KL options -> Firewall and write down the port number. Forward this port. I can't help you here because I don't know how.

5. File Sharing   -   #5

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    h1
    I just saw that in the KLT tips forum.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by haxor41789@17 March 2004 - 00:51
    I just saw that in the KLT tips forum.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    thanx for the answers. Musleman, that was a more supportive answer than the last time.

I try my best. Now, I have switched on and it is coming like crazy. If you know something on Zone Alarm, tell me, what kind of connections can I accept (->Firewall->Trusted zone security).

thx,

!!!!!!!
    as i wrote, it stoped again. now it is 0.4kb and it was 60-80kb. i can not believe this.

!!!
    i have switched from port 32656 to 3157 and now it is quicker then it was, some 140kb. what is that???

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    its a temp thing it will slow down again check your upload speed it might be too high, try netlimiter, looks like you are getting a lot of hits

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    that is a wlan as you remember, so could be a good target. i have reduced the upload speed.

ZA continuously filtering our connections even from allowed ip ranges - although bit less. i do not understand that.

could it be, that - for not really understanding the details net - i always answering "do NOT accept connections from local network" - this cause a problem? anyhow, i have tested in several site the comp. and it is fully in stealth and i would like to keep that good habit for the local netw.

it is now 10kb on five file altogether, not worth to sit here, going home...