Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The F.e.c. (fear Everything Corporation)

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I thought it was funny how the media constantly has tragic stories that are meant to make us fear everything. EVERYTHING causes cancer, a man tries to help a motorist who slid off of the road and ends up getting hit by a second car sliding off the road, your kid could be abducted and it's usually by someone you know, madd cow disease, etc. I've written a few phony commercial campaigns for a made up company, The F.E.C. I just wanted to get your oppinions of them. Are they funny, disturbing, stupid?

F.E.C. 1

A house sits in a middle of a horrible thunderstorm. The gigantic tree rocks back and forth from the force of the wind. A mother sits up, listens, and jumps out of bed. A faint crying can be heard. She runs into her childs room, and picks up the crying baby out of the crib, whispering "it's alright, it's alright" into the baby's ear. As she is walking to the door there is a loud clasp of thunder. A large tree limb breaks through the ceiling and crushes the crip the baby was lying in just moments before. Fade to black

Fade in
    ".2% of deaths, ages 0 - 3, are from lightning related causes"
    Fade out

Fade in
    "What are you doing to protect your child?"
    Fade out

Fade in
    "Paid for by the F.E.C."
    "Don't say we didn't warn you"
    Fade out

F.E.C. 2

A man (We'll call him Ed) sets out for his daily walk. He walks by 2 movers who are struggling to get a rather large TV into the moving van. He helps them and continues on his way.

(Black and White Still Images)
    - A woman is looking out of the window at a moving van parked outside of her house, the 2 men are walking up to her door
    - The 2 men carrying out a computer and a stereo, the TV can be seen in the backround
    - The woman is tied up in the closet

Ed is walking a few feet behind a man holding a briefcase. A wallet size photo falls out of his pocket. Ed picks it up and returns it to the man. Ed turns the corner and the man continues straight.

-The man standing in front of a house, reading the address on the back of the photo
    -The man picking the lock on the back door
    -The man Holding a gun with a silencer hiding around a corner, as the woman in the picture is walking towards the room.

Ed is about to walk back up to his house. A man is walking in the oppisite direction. Ed notices that the man's shoe is untied and politely points it out as they pass. The man says "thanks" and kneals down to tie his shoe. Ed walks back up to his house.

-The man is at a conveniance store, he is staring at a woman in the next aisle.
    -A 'Missing' poster of the woman hung up on a lamppost
    -The man sitting on a bus, a young boy is seated next to him
    -A 'Missing' poster of the boy hung up on a grocerystore bulliton board
    -The man knealing on the ground tieing his shoe staring at Ed as he is walking into the house

Fade to Black

Fade In
    "You just never know who you'll meet."
    Fade out

Fade In
    "Paid for by the F.E.C."
    Fade Out

F.E.C. 3

An Elderly Woman is sitting at a table, finishing up a bowl of soup. In another house, a man is watching TV, he looks at his watch and groans. The Elderly woman puts her dish into the sink and heads for her bedroom upstairs. The man takes his coat off of a coat rack. The woman Picks out a pair of earings in front of a mirror. The man sits on a chair in his kitchen to put on his shoes. The woman leaves the room and heads for the stairs. The man leaves his house. In slow motion, you see the mans foot come down on a crack in the sidewalk, there is a loud bang when it hits. The elderly woman trips over her own foot and falls down the stairs. The elderly woman is in the hospital sitting in a wheelchair, the man (her son) is sitting in a chair next to her holding her hand. She says, "The doctors say I'll never walk again" Fade to black

Fade in
    "It's not just a myth"
    Fade out

Fade in
    "Paid for by the F.E.C."
    Fade out

(Just in case some of you haven't heard it, there is a popular kid's rhyme that goes 'don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back&#39
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    dont really get why your writing these ads but this might interest you.

here

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Some friends and I have a skit show that airs on Public Access Television. We are constantly writing sketches and funny commercials and what not. I just wanted input to see if these are worth filming. Would people understand the statement I'm trying to make? Be honest now.

but this might interest you.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Not that I want to worry you, but there is a company called F.E.C.

Farnell Electrical Components

They actually do supply lightning protection devices.

I don't think they would be too impressed by your "adverts".

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by lynx@16 March 2004 - 10:51
    Not that I want to worry you, but there is a company called F.E.C.

Farnell Electrical Components

They actually do supply lightning protection devices.

I don't think they would be too impressed by your "adverts".

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    How Ironic, I didn't know

Eh...it's not like they would ever see it anyways.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by dwightfry@16 March 2004 - 11:20
    In slow motion, you see the mans foot come down on a crack in the sidewalk, there is a loud bang when it hits. The elderly woman trips over her own foot and falls down the stairs. The elderly woman is in the hospital sitting in a wheelchair, the man (her son) is sitting in a chair next to her holding her hand. She says, "The doctors say I'll never walk again" Fade to black

Fade in
    "It's not just a myth"
    Fade out
    That took me a few seconds to get but was funny. Arm will write one making fun of those fucking anti-drug commercials saying weed is a gateway drug.

F.E.C. 4

An 18 year old guy with long hair and wearing a Cannibal Corpse t-shirt and also wearing those bigass oversized wide legged jeans that you could fit a human in is in front of the screen and starts talking.

"Before I got addicted to heavy metal I was a good little boy. I lustened to my moms clean soft rock like Anne Murray, always did my homework, had stright As in school and never even thought about fucking a girl except to produce children when I was married."

Then the camera zoomed out and showed a picture of a goodie goodie 13 year old thats all perfect and stuff. And then back to the guy.

Then when I was 14 I went over to a friends house and they were playing some Black Sabbath. I got into it immedietly. Then I went over to his house alot and started listening to more heavy metal. Before I knew it I was listening to Metallica, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

But quickly I learned that wasent enough. I was listening to more and more harder bands like Cannibal Corpse and Slayer. I started not just doing it around friends but doing it alone and getting all fucked up from the distorted guitars and scream/growl vocals.

I started waking up in strange places covered in vomit or with bruises all over me from running into people repeatedly. I came to school less and less and my grades were all Fs. I couldnt concentrate. Plus I got suspended alot for wearing corpse paint to school and raising my middle finger to my teacher and giving her the heavy metal salute. She said it was a gang sign.

So yeah heavy metal really changes you. I wish I would of never started."
    Fade to Black

Fade In
    "Say NO to metal."
    Fade out

Fade in
    "Paid for by the F.E.C."
    "Metal is evil and destroys the youth worse then rock and roll ever dreamed."
    Fade out

Allright I am a shitty writer but thats the best I could do.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    F.E.C. 4

An 18 year old guy with long hair and wearing a Cannibal Corpse t-shirt and also wearing those bigass oversized wide legged jeans that you could fit a human in is in front of the screen and starts talking.

"Before I got addicted to heavy metal I was a good little boy. I lustened to my moms clean soft rock like Anne Murray, always did my homework, had stright As in school and never even thought about fucking a girl except to produce children when I was married."

Then the camera zoomed out and showed a picture of a goodie goodie 13 year old thats all perfect and stuff. And then back to the guy.

Then when I was 14 I went over to a friends house and they were playing some Black Sabbath. I got into it immedietly. Then I went over to his house alot and started listening to more heavy metal. Before I knew it I was listening to Metallica, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

But quickly I learned that wasent enough. I was listening to more and more harder bands like Cannibal Corpse and Slayer. I started not just doing it around friends but doing it alone and getting all fucked up from the distorted guitars and scream/growl vocals.

I started waking up in strange places covered in vomit or with bruises all over me from running into people repeatedly. I came to school less and less and my grades were all Fs. I couldnt concentrate. Plus I got suspended alot for wearing corpse paint to school and raising my middle finger to my teacher and giving her the heavy metal salute. She said it was a gang sign.

So yeah heavy metal really changes you. I wish I would of never started."
    Fade to Black

Fade In
    "Say NO to metal."
    Fade out

Fade in
    "Paid for by the F.E.C."
    "Metal is evil and destroys the youth worse then rock and roll ever dreamed."
    Fade out

F.E.C. 4, Rewrite (Hope you don't mind)

A guy with long hair, wearing a Cannibal Corpse t-shirt and those bigass oversized wide legged jeans is sitting in a chair being interviewed. The video is grainy and amature.

"I wasn't always like this. At one time I had control. It was just social thing, you know. A little Black Sabbath, maybe some Metallica. (Fade to white, fade back in) My friends, they started listening to Cannibal Corpse and Slayer. I mean what could I do? Say no?!? They gave me mixed tapes and burned CD's. I didn't even try to hide them. (Fade to white, fade back in) So my grades dropped a little, what's the big deal? It's my mind, it's my life! (Fade to white, fade back in)Yeah, I go to all the concerts. I come home badly bruised. I know it isn't good for me, but what can I do?" Fade to Black

Fade in
    "Peter Janglow"
    "1982 - 2002"
    "Metal listener, Mosh pit victim"
    Fade out

Fade in
    "What are your children listining to?" or "Sometimes it is too late to quit" or "There's no such thing as just a little Metal"
    Fade out

Fade in
    "Paid for by the F.E.C."
    "Don't say we didn't warn you."
    Fade out

So what do you think?
    Do you care if I use this? You will definitly get credit for it.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by dwightfry@17 March 2004 - 11:43
    F.E.C. 4, Rewrite (Hope you don't mind)

A guy with long hair, wearing a Cannibal Corpse t-shirt and those bigass oversized wide legged jeans is sitting in a chair being interviewed. The video is grainy and amature.

"I wasn't always like this. At one time I had control. It was just social thing, you know. A little Black Sabbath, maybe some Metallica. (Fade to white, fade back in) My friends, they started listening to Cannibal Corpse and Slayer. I mean what could I do? Say no?!? They gave me mixed tapes and burned CD's. I didn't even try to hide them. (Fade to white, fade back in) So my grades dropped a little, what's the big deal? It's my mind, it's my life! (Fade to white, fade back in)Yeah, I go to all the concerts. I come home badly bruised. I know it isn't good for me, but what can I do?" Fade to Black

Fade in
    "Peter Janglow"
    "1982 - 2002"
    "Metal listener, Mosh pit victim"
    Fade out

Fade in
    "What are your children listining to?" or "Sometimes it is too late to quit" or "There's no such thing as just a little Metal"
    Fade out

Fade in
    "Paid for by the F.E.C."
    "Don't say we didn't warn you."
    Fade out

So what do you think?
    Do you care if I use this? You will definitly get credit for it.
    Some of the details were left out but I guess it is fine.

Arm loves it! Yes you can uuse it for stuff.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Some of the details were left out but I guess it is fine.
    Yeah, I wanted to calm it down a little bit, make it appear as much like a real commercial as possible. Which do you prefer for the text that fades in?

1. What are your children listening to?
    2. Sometimes it is too late to quit.
    3. There's no such thing as just a little metal.

#1 is good because it focuses on over protected parents who would be the most likely to listen to commercials like this.

#2 refers to his "What can I do" line, and it focuses on getting people to quit, much like drug commercials try to get people to quit.

I like #3 because the real quote is actually from a anti-drug commercial "There's no such thing as just a little pot."
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    I like the first one the most though if we can add more stuff to it to make it parody the antidrug commercials more then the third one would be the best choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast