Thread: Ppt 2003 Compatible With 2000?

Poster
    I'm making a powerpoint presentation to my management class on thursday which i made at home with office 2003. the problem is that the uni. computers have office 2000. will this affect the animations and sound effects that i put in?

is there a way to test it out without having to install office 2000?

thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    :helpsmile: bump

any comments are welcome

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I personally never had a problem running PowerPoint between different versions of PowerPoint except PowerPoint from office 97. I think the biggest thing you have to watch out for is your fonts.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@16 March 2004 - 16:12
    I personally never had a problem running PowerPoint between different versions of PowerPoint except PowerPoint from office 97. I think the biggest thing you have to watch out for is your fonts.
    alright thanks. I'll just stick to arial font.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have not tested the stuff with powerpoint, but some of my users that use publisher 2003 and saving the files and then giving them to users with publisher 2000 are having problems opening the files. I have to open them in publisher 2003 and do a file save as to publisher 2000 format.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    thanks fox, but i just had the presentation today and everything was well. no problems with compatibility. i was conservative in my use of advanced features to make sure it was smooth. it turned out well.