Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharereactor Update

March 16, 2004

News has finally broke regarding the sudden shut down of ShareReactor. It appears the Swiss Judical Inquiry Department of Thurgau has taken the site down due to copyright infringement. We will have more news on this fluid situation as it comes in.

Media news

Internet-Site taken offline

FRAUENFELD (kapo) Due to the suspicion of breach of copyright and trademark laws the cantonal judicial Inquiry department of Thurgau has taken down an Internet-Site that served as a link platform for filesharing offerings. A process concerning these matters against the 25 year old owner from Frauenfeld is underway.

The Internet-Site located in Frauenfeld was online for about 30 months and last had over 220.000 hits per day bevor it was taken offline by the Thurgau officials. The in search engines toprated site worked as a anchorpoint for links to downloads of copyright and trademark protectet games and movies that were offered on the filesharing network.

After a complaint from several large corporations, represented by the swiss association against piracy, the cantonal judicial inquiry department of Thurgau initiated an investigation, seized the servers in Frauenfeld and had the site taken offline.

The responsible owner, a 25 year old swiss proved to be very cooperative in explaining matters at hand. The inquiries continue and will take some time.

Ernst Vogelsanger

The following links to the press release are in Swiss:

http://ww3.tg.ch/default.cfm?TreeID=1503&C...FTOKEN=75096023

http://tinyurl.com/35udn

http://scsr.netfirms.com/sr.html

SLYCK COMMENTS

Media news

Internet-Site taken offline

FRAUENFELD (kapo) Due to the suspicion of breach of copyright and trademark laws the cantonal judicial Inquiry department of Thurgau has taken down an Internet-Site that served as a link platform for filesharing offerings. A process concerning these matters against the 25 year old owner from Frauenfeld is underway.

The Internet-Site located in Frauenfeld was online for about 30 months and last had over 220.000 hits per day bevor it was taken offline by the Thurgau officials. The in search engines toprated site worked as a anchorpoint for links to downloads of copyright and trademark protectet games and movies that were offered on the filesharing network.

After a complaint from several large corporations, represented by the swiss association against piracy, the cantonal judicial inquiry department of Thurgau initiated an investigation, seized the servers in Frauenfeld and had the site taken offline.

The responsible owner, a 25 year old swiss proved to be very cooperative in explaining matters at hand. The inquiries continue and will take some time.

Ernst Vogelsanger

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Thanks for the update SH

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    SR rest in peace....
    quick comment also on Jigle, which is also dead..

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ShareReactor shop is still up !

Btw use THIS

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by sharedholder@17 March 2004 - 13:01
    Btw use THIS
    It's running slow SH.

It seems that the vast majority of users have migrated to other ed2k websites to continue their sharing. My new home now resides at fucktheinter.net. Although it was running fine when I joined, it too has problems with bandwidth and are asking for donations. See below.

Code:
    Help FTi

Ok everyone, heres the deal, we have about 500 peeps online at anyone time, that a hell of a lot of page hits, and thats just the mainpage, the amount of clicks going though this site atm is comparable to Sharereactor, the problem we have is, this ain't Sharereactor. Our database is not handling the transistion well, after moving it it helped for a while but still we go down, up down up, i am getting dizzy here, lol

In the short tearm, we need to update the server package i currently have, but this will of course cost money that i just do not have at this moment in time, had it been at the end of the month i could of sorted it, but to add insult to injury i am moving house at the end of the month so everything is stretched. If all 15000 users donated 1 pound we would be ok for the forseeable future but we know that will not happen, we need everyone to see what they can do to help out, any ideas that can generate income to this site would help greatly, i have no income from FTi atm other than donations so anything that seems like a good idea should be tried.

Things are getting worse and nothing is changing, closing the site untill SR comes back is really not an option here, but what use is the site if u cannot connect to it, what a pickle.

Well thats the latest, will try and keep u all updated.

6. File Sharing   -   #6

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I have migrated to www.the-realworld.de.
    Spent some time searching for the best substitute to SR, this seems to be it..
    I see number of new members on this site has also increased drastically...the past few days..

8. File Sharing   -   #8

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    wasn't shareactor started by a girl that died in an auto accident, then taken over by simon?

10. File Sharing   -   #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast