Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is The Best Download Manager?

Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Does this review look like the demo?...hey i don"t write them..i am only trying to inform B) (same program for two years...but not 7..it just came out)

"Adware/Spyware Infested!"
    I've use DAP for many years with excellent results. When v.7 was released, I gladly purchased the "premium" product to turn off the ad banners (I thought) and enable a few other features. To my horror, I've found that even the registered, "premium" version is flooding the machine with spyware/adware reporting cookies, making alterations to the system registry, etc. I will go back to using an earlier version of DAP rather than submit to this annoyance. I am VERY disappointed in SpeedBit for letting its business ethics sink so low...
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by kazaaman@16 March 2004 - 21:30
    I have gay ass 56k and want a download manager to increase my download speed. Especially from sites with heavy traffic like download.com and softpedia.com.
    you wont really get any extra speed out of a DA on 56k......... most of the time your limited by your modem speed, not the server's speeds.........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    net transporter is awsome i just downloaded it and it works great. try it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Thanx for all your help i have chosen NetTransport because it is free and works perfectly

CHEERS

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Should try DownloadPlus! is open source so doesn't have any bullshit bundled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12