Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Best Download Manager?

kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    I have gay ass 56k and want a download manager to increase my download speed. Especially from sites with heavy traffic like download.com and softpedia.com.

So i would love your recommendations for download managers thanx!!

NO ADWARE OR SPYWARE PLZ

CHEERS

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    GetRight

Used it in my 56k days, and it worked perfectly. Very user friendly too

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    freshdload. get from freshdevices. its free, and no adware

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    I tried Freshdownload from Freshdevices....and i thought it was a great program...untill i read futher reviews on it and read comments in other forums..they were saying that it hides a lot of crap in your registry....so i uninstalled it and did a registry check...and they were right...it was very hard to get rid of...there were other conflicks with it affecting peoples OS...i personally never had a problem with it...but any thing that tries to bury stuff in your registry without your knowledge i want no part of....i am now trying Stardownloader...seems fine...but to early to recommend yet B)

http://www.stardownloader.com/
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by sharedholder@16 March 2004 - 20:38
    NetTransport
    Net Transport is the best I ever used. It really is the best download manger I ever used. There is no spyware or and any other crap and it is freeware

It supports these protocols:

HTTP / HTTPS
    FTP / through SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
    MMS (Microsoft Media Services)
    RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol)
    PNM (rename PNM to RTSP)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    h1
    Download Accelerator Pro, but the PAID VERSION ONLY!!! The free version is shitware.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    DAP7 rules

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Doesn"t anyone check reviews of a software before they use it...dap7 is loaded with adware and spyware and not highly rated B)

Download.com Review

This program claims to make downloading up to 300 percent faster. Although you might not see that level of speed, this accelerator utility integrates simple download-management tools such as scheduling, download segmentation, and recovery of interrupted downloads into your browser toolbar. Ease of use comes at a price, though: Download Accelerator is unrepentant adware, and using the demo offers up your taste in browsing and downloads to publisher SpeedBit as well as to third parties. Fortunately, waiting for large files to download has given us the patience to wait for something better.

customers reviews:

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3302-...-10248332.html
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Who's talking about the demo? Oh by the way.... we don't need to read any "reviews" if we've been using the same program for... uhhh.... more than 2 years?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast