Thread: A Very Sad Story Over A Game Of Dare

BALTIMORE March 10 — A 12-year-old girl was beaten into a coma by a group of other girls and women after she kissed the boyfriend of another girl on a dare, police said.
    Three adult women and two teenage girls have been charged in the beating of Nicole Townes, who remained in a coma Wednesday more than a week after the attack at a Feb. 28 party.

"I have seen people beaten to death, but not a child and not for no apparent reason," Detective Donny Moses said. "This is a hideous story."

The attack happened after an unidentified boy, also 12, was dared to kiss Nicole. After the kiss, his 14-year-old girlfriend attacked Nicole, and others joined in, beating the girl for at least 30 minutes.

Monique Baldwin, 36, and Erin Baldwin, 19, were charged with attempted murder and assault, said Moses, who said he didn't know the relationship between the two. Kenya Keene, 25, was charged with assault and conspiracy to commit child abuse.

Two unidentified teens, ages 13 and 14, were also arrested, but Moses said he did not know the specific charges against them.

The adults are also accused of giving false statements about what happened, telling authorities Townes fell and hit her head on a wall.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I hope they get put to death. I fu**ing hate this shit!

I hope the little girl gets well soon. My thoughts are with her.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Holy shit, I read about this on a news scroll, but all it said was a girl was beaten into a coma by other girls and women over a dare. I had no idea that the girl in the coma was only 12, I expected her to be around 17, and I assumed by women they meant maybe 20 yrs old, I never would have thought a 36 yr old would be in on it.

That's sick.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I agree, it is a really bad incident.

@dwightfry...have you ever been to a rough area? 'They' are everywhere, overbearing, loud, violent, rough and usually impoverished. Age is irrelevant as they have not got the capacity for maturity beyond petty teenage bickering. I am not surprised that one was 36, I've seen the type, they would beat up their own kid for a minor infraction, they do not 'consider' anything or anyone.

Ah that be the rub...

Is this evidence of the self serving nature of our society where people only care for themselves or ill conceived opinion. Such is the realm of the dolt, dullard, poorly educated and probably brutalised.

Some stereotypes are such because its true...trash is trash, made by generations of trash. Some break the mould and they are the lucky ones, or they are those accidently born with a brain cell or two.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@16 March 2004 - 21:52
    BALTIMORE March 10 — A 12-year-old girl was beaten into a coma by a group of other girls and women after she kissed the boyfriend of another girl on a dare, police said.
    Three adult women and two teenage girls have been charged in the beating of Nicole Townes, who remained in a coma Wednesday more than a week after the attack at a Feb. 28 party.

"I have seen people beaten to death, but not a child and not for no apparent reason," Detective Donny Moses said. "This is a hideous story."

The attack happened after an unidentified boy, also 12, was dared to kiss Nicole. After the kiss, his 14-year-old girlfriend attacked Nicole, and others joined in, beating the girl for at least 30 minutes.

Monique Baldwin, 36, and Erin Baldwin, 19, were charged with attempted murder and assault, said Moses, who said he didn't know the relationship between the two. Kenya Keene, 25, was charged with assault and conspiracy to commit child abuse.

Two unidentified teens, ages 13 and 14, were also arrested, but Moses said he did not know the specific charges against them.

The adults are also accused of giving false statements about what happened, telling authorities Townes fell and hit her head on a wall.
    Shit thats bad. Whats happening to the human gene pool?

America seems like the most terifying place in the world to me.
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    Originally posted by sara5564@21 March 2004 - 22:23
    I agree, it is a really bad incident.

@dwightfry...have you ever been to a rough area? 'They' are everywhere, overbearing, loud, violent, rough and usually impoverished. Age is irrelevant as they have not got the capacity for maturity beyond petty teenage bickering. I am not surprised that one was 36, I've seen the type, they would beat up their own kid for a minor infraction, they do not 'consider' anything or anyone.

Ah that be the rub...

Is this evidence of the self serving nature of our society where people only care for themselves or ill conceived opinion. Such is the realm of the dolt, dullard, poorly educated and probably brutalised.

Some stereotypes are such because its true...trash is trash, made by generations of trash. Some break the mould and they are the lucky ones, or they are those accidently born with a brain cell or two.
    No one could of said that better. I totally agree

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by sara5564@21 March 2004 - 17:23
    I agree, it is a really bad incident.&nbsp;

@dwightfry...have you ever been to a rough area? &#39;They&#39; are everywhere, overbearing, loud, violent, rough and usually impoverished. Age is irrelevant as they have not got the capacity for maturity beyond petty teenage bickering.&nbsp; I am not surprised that one was 36, I&#39;ve seen the type, they would beat up their own kid for a minor infraction, they do not &#39;consider&#39; anything or anyone.

Ah that be the rub...

First of all, how do you know the area this took place in is &#39;rough&#39; - baltimore isnt just one huge ghetto. This could have very well happened in beverly hills - our entire society is jelouse and messed up like that, not just supposedly poor people in Baltimore. You think you would be saying the same thing if you lived next door to these people? The lucky few that break the mold are not the ones that are born smarter than their parents and family, but those that actually get the chance to even see if they are smart. I guess that went a little off subject - obviously this is awful and i feel terrible for the girl.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.