Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Musicworld Database

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by JmiF@12 March 2003 - 18:09
    I agree. We should hve some way of ensuring it is members there.

Incidentally what is the sketch with this UK Jobby Character. Sharing with him or what. He has just banned me from sharing his files.

Are we all agreing something or what. I tought this was to be our music databe. If it's every man for himself and no room community then we can just go back to using the normal soulseeek method.

What do we think
    Definitely. This is the room for this forum. I don't download from anyone else and I don't share with the others on Soulseek either. That's not because I'm a leecher or something, but because this is the whole point of the room.

@JimF - he blocked you? Hmm...

2. Music   -   #62
    Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF+12 March 2003 - 19:09--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 12 March 2003 - 19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tilen76@12 March 2003 - 14:33
    I suggest everybody who is planning to join us, should put their name down here.

Because we want to make sure they come from the board.

Just reply and write down your username that you&#39;re going to use in the KLF MusicWorld room.

Does anybody else agree with that idea?

Then someone can keep a list of users in this thread, perhaps FC in his firts post. That way we&#39;ll know who to add to our user lists, because I&#39;ve noticed quite a few people in the room, who are not from the board and I also don&#39;t know every peson from the board.
    I just think this might help.

Incidentally what is the sketch with this UK Jobby Character. Sharing with him or what. He has just banned me from sharing his files.

Are we all agreing something or what. I tought this was to be our music databe. If it&#39;s every man for himself and no room community then we can just go back to using the normal soulseeek method.

What do we think [/b][/quote]
    AFAIK..uk jobby has nothing to do with this forum at all...he just lurks in different rooms spying...what a knob

3. Music   -   #63
    Poster
    Originally posted by wizzandabe@12 March 2003 - 19:18
    what is music is there a link?

and is soulseek worth getting.
    See the pinned by FC, its tremendous.

4. Music   -   #64
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skillian+12 March 2003 - 19:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skillian @ 12 March 2003 - 19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@12 March 2003 - 18:09

Are we all agreing something or what. I tought this was to be our music databe. If it&#39;s every man for himself and no room community then we can just go back to using the normal soulseeek method.

What do we think
    Definitely. This is the room for this forum. I don&#39;t download from anyone else and I don&#39;t share with the others on Soulseek either. That&#39;s not because I&#39;m a leecher or something, but because this is the whole point of the room.

@JimF - he blocked you? Hmm... [/b][/quote]
    To be fair I probably shouldnt have downloaded from him. He wasn&#39;t on my list like you lot are. However I just fancied it. He obviously looked before I had got it all.

Since I only share in the room it would have looked like I didnt have anything.

Anyway anything goes, dudes an arse.

5. Music   -   #65
    Poster
    We need a new thread for authorised users. It should be in the hashes section so only members can post to it.

Each new entry should be a new post, so we can see who authorised the user, alternatively a post which only a couple of people can update. Any doubt we can PM the poster.

No sharing with people in room until they are on the list. Explain the reason to them. Good guys will inderstand and join. Start list with usual suspect.

If possible pinned, for ease of access to verify members.

Sometime I join the room and there are names I don&#39;t know.This would make it easy to check. I could then add them to my list and aske them to do the same.

Thoughts for consideration please. What do mods think re a pinned list. It will help keep in the spirit that it is an extension of this board, for the musicworld.

6. Music   -   #66
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Server is down again, how often does this happen? And how long will it take?
    Btw, i like soulseek, i admit, gained quite some albums now.
    More stoner and goth rock members should join&#33;

7. Music   -   #67
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Please do not panic...asking people to just chill...it happens......its still way better then useing hashs....just have to wait it out.Guys at their forum don&#39;t even post about it half the time.That is why it stays out of the RIAAs eyes because alot of people do not use it.Name another program with private features like it has?

Listen to some of the Music you have downloaded this week while waiting and think about what albums you want.

FC B)

8. Music   -   #68
    hey i&#39;ve never had it go down before do i just keep trying to start it or should i start it and not end task will it start up by itself when the servers back??

9. Music   -   #69
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    At the begining of this thread is a link to check.I will post it one more time.SoulSeek Server Status

When it is up..it will show up in green and say passed(I think it says that).Then just fire SoulSeeek up.Depending on your number of files it will take a little time to load.I have around 4500 files,it takes me a few minutes for reading them all.Go back to the first post of this thread to get the name of the room we will be at.

10. Music   -   #70
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 March 2003 - 12:51
    Listen to some of the Music you have downloaded this week while waiting and think about what albums you want.

FC B)
    yeah listening to Alan Jackson now... followed by slayer......
    well now you say, need 3 more Manowars and about 150 country albumss,, from mmmmm....

btw nice link for checking server... B)

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast