Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Musicworld Database

MrT
    Originally posted by DataMore@14 March 2003 - 00:58
    I could say something about SoulSick and money donations for their server, but I won't.
    Hey DataMore, didn't you already say:

"I think you people should start donating money to SoulSick, don't you think? [img]http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/html/emoticons/whistling.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='whistling.gif'>

over at THIS thread, about the fourth post down? In fact, the thread was dated: (DataMore @ 14 March 2003 - 00:20), so technically, you had already said it when you made the above post!

Sorry, I couldn't resist the poke,

ToddM

2. Music   -   #82
    Poster
    Originally posted by MrT+14 March 2003 - 01:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrT @ 14 March 2003 - 01:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DataMore@14 March 2003 - 00:58
    I could say something about SoulSick and money donations for their server, but I won&#39;t.
    Hey DataMore, didn&#39;t you already say:

"I think you people should start donating money to SoulSick, don&#39;t you think? [img]http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/html/emoticons/whistling.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='whistling.gif'>

over at THIS thread, about the fourth post down? In fact, the thread was dated: (DataMore @ 14 March 2003 - 00:20), so technically, you had already said it when you made the above post&#33;

Sorry, I couldn&#39;t resist the poke,

ToddM [/b][/quote]
    Yep, and I said it again here and here, too.

Go here and you&#39;ll understand why.

3. Music   -   #83
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Look DataMore you ain&#39;t useing it so don&#39;t worry about what we do.If you would like to help...then do it.You seem to be only person out of 12000 members that has a problem with us useing it.....wonder why that is?

If you think this is starting shit with you I guess it is.But at least we are going to get to know each other better through controverting,rebutting,refuting,dialectic,disputation,forensic,mooting and argumentation.

So lets have some fun DataMore.....why don&#39;t you.....

Fire some more back at me if ya want brother.....I am bored...need somebody to argue with.

4. Music   -   #84
    hmm it&#39;s been down longer then i thought itd be....guess i might not see you guys tonight lol owell i guess well im waiting i&#39;ll work on a few albums from kazaa don&#39;t really like kazaa for albums but it will work tell SS is back

5. Music   -   #85
    I also used to be like datamore i hated SS i tried it awhile back and i hated it now i love it I wouldnt want too us anything else...I just hope the RIAA doesnt hassle them cause I like the way SS is no other programs like it that i know of...ohh and summer i might be intrested in some Rob Zombie sometime but just to warn you im 56k&#33;and is your avatar that one guy we were talking about in chat???

Ahhh holycrap just checked SS is back up hope it&#39;s not temp and it goes down again...

6. Music   -   #86
    MrT
    Hey FuNkY - L M A O &#33; &#33; &#33;

ToddM

7. Music   -   #87
    Poster
    If DM doesn&#39;t like it, that&#39;s cool. To each his own. I personally am downloading loads of stuff, including one album I looked for, on behalf of my oldest, for 3 weeks. Found it on a hard drive downloaded it all within the space of under one hour.

It works for me. If I download 1 album a day ( I only really want whole albums) 20 days a month then that&#39;s worth £250 - £300 saved to me. There is also the option to try stuff I normally wouldn&#39;t buy. Personally I would prefer DM to join the room, give it a bash and see if he likes it. However it&#39;s his choice on whether he does or not. It&#39;s like the kids, don&#39;t tell me you don&#39;t like it until you try it.

Even if you&#39;ve tried SS before, this is not the same. It&#39;s people you know, who you can talk to, all working together and sharing. It&#39;s well worth it even if SS were down 50% of the time, which it isn&#39;t.

I&#39;m really going to be interested how the movie db is going to work though. If a full album is say 60 mb, made up of 10 6 mb chunks, that works ok for direct download (on a 1 to 1 peer basis) how that&#39;s going to work for 700 mb movies is totally beyond me. Unless of course it&#39;s not really a database, just a pretty list of hashes with pictures. I can get that in lots of place people. Probably better calling it the Movie Index.

Like I have posted elsewhere, the one thing you can say about the music db is that we are all sharing the actual files and we can see it. No-one is just posting lots of hashes, which for the most part you can get anywhere and don&#39;t work anyway

8. Music   -   #88
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    TY JmiF for saying that.Datamore knows I am just playing with him half the time....or at least I hope so.

Alot of what JmiF said is true and is how I fell about it.Please try it out with us if you are really into Music and care about this community,that is what this part of the forum is all aboout.....the Music.

9. Music   -   #89
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Didn&#39;t wan&#39;t to quote with the pic and all, was funny enough the first time

good job FC

10. Music   -   #90
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@14 March 2003 - 09:37
    Datamore knows I am just playing with him half the time....or at least I hope so.
    Just half the time? What about the other half?

Hey FC, if you&#39;re as bored as I am let&#39;s spam... I mean... debate on this, in the Lounge.
    Let&#39;s not ruin this thread.

About that pic... I have some good ones for you too&#33;

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast