Thread: Bf: Vietnam

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'm also having problems running BF Vietnam on a Radeon 9800XT, the menus all appear ok it's only when you try to launch a game it crashes/hangs 2/3 rd of the way along the bar and the bg music just loops. Already tried 2 different Cat drivers and also tried re-installing too, anyone else had a similar prob ?
    I'm having exactly the same problem as Gasha is in the quotes, any help or ideas on this would be much appreciated.

2. Games   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    I've got a 9800XT and it all runs pish posh.

Look in the readme for release-time tech support, or maybe you can find an online manual.

3. Games   -   #3
    Sounds like it was a bad download.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Games   -   #4
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Check www.rage3d.com. The forums are ablaze with people compaining about 9800XT's and crap performance on Vietnam, no AA or anything. I think its possible that because Mad Cat has a great processor and memory its making up for the slowdowns most 9800 series owners would get with this game.

Many people are reporting nVIDIA cards run much better, even relativley low specs ones such as the ti4200. Seems like the game has been optomized for nVIDIA architecture.

5. Games   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Turns out my problem was ZoneAlarm Firewall getting in the way, the firewall asks for a prompt before it'll let go on. Unfortunately you can't see this and there was no way to view the desktop to see this problem (the usual keys didn't work for me )

Anyhow it's all working now, plays like a dream. Cheers guys.

6. Games   -   #6
    how about us unworthy 9600 pro's. any feedback to the graphics on these cards?

I run a:
    P4 2.4c
    2x256mb pc3200
    ati 128mb radeon 9600pro @ 470/330 stock cooling.

7. Games   -   #7
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    that should b fine at about meduim settings.