Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12v 60mm Vs. 7v 80mm

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    no its fine..i was just making sure its running at full speed...maybe 20volts would be even better? haha
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@17 March 2004 - 22:59
    no its fine..i was just making sure its running at full speed...maybe 20volts would be even better? haha
    alrighty.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@17 March 2004 - 21:59
    Looking to start a fire?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    VB, I assume you have the fan blowing onto the cpu, rather than sucking air from it right?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by Skillian@18 March 2004 - 09:36
    VB, I assume you have the fan blowing onto the cpu, rather than sucking air from it right?
    Right. Why do you ask?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Just wondering really. I had heard some people have had good results with reversing the flow of the fan, though that doesn't really have anything to do with the size of it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    I have tried reversing it. It results in higher temps so not good.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    well just wanted to say that I tried making one of those adaptor things out of metal today at school but it was too hard too draw properly onto metal and the school doesnt have a holesaw either so I couldnt cut the middle hole.

Today after school I made a simple one out of cardboard and it seems to be working okay but im having a ew problems with fitting it onto my heatsync, ill show some pictures (drawn in paint ) so u can see what is wrong...

This is what my heatsync looks like. It is not the stock heatsync. (green fan is stock though)

okay, you see how the flaps at the side stick up on the sides of that green fan? well when I attach the adaptor thing it is on such an angle that it doesnt rest on the fins of the heatsync; heres a pic of what it looks like.

the brown is the cardboard, and the black is the fan. silver is obviously the heatsync.

so the edges never touch the fins, and its kinda loose fitting, but it stays hanging on.

the temps are up to like 50 right now, Im not sure if it is because it isnt sitting on the heatsync properly or if its something else, but all i know is that MY SYSTEM IS QUIET FINALLY! i havent had a quiet computer for like over a year.

now here is what my stock heatsync is like:

first of all the heatsync is only about 4cm tall. and the fins are really really close together and small. now i know that small fins are good, but they arent when they are so close together, and the air cant circulate very easily. not to mention how easily the dust builds up. I usually got temps around 50c idle using that heatsync with arctic silver 5. with the new one im using i get around 45c idle using arctic silver 5 also.

firstly (? lol) do you guys think I will be able to fit this onto my heatsync that has the flaps on the side? i might be able to bend the sides, they arent too too strong. or i could use the other heatsync if i have too, and maybe ill do something to make the air get through better and reduce dust?

i dont know whats your guys opinions?

edit: sorry about teh long post guys...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah, I would think the orange one would fit, as it does not slope out like the homade one does..you could just cut slits in the cardboard so that it would slide onto the HS
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@24 March 2004 - 23:20
    Yeah, I would think the orange one would fit, as it does not slope out like the homade one does..you could just cut slits in the cardboard so that it would slide onto the HS
    hmm, i might try that. you sure the bought one doesnt slope out? it says its only 27mm so if anything i would think it would actually slope MORE that mine does. (mine is 35mm)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast