Thread: Automatic Email On Joining Forum

Poster
    I just wondering how easy it would be to send all new users who sign up to this forum, an email as they join to explain a few things.

im sure i did it when i first joined, but sooo many peolple post requests both in requests and it the mian movieworld section. could they be told its unnecessary to post twice?

also, no-one seems to use the search function? could this be explained aswell. ive lost count of the times ive seen everyone point people out to other threads.

like i said, everyone was new once, and as you get used to the forum more, you ask less basic questions (ie you check vdcquality/ircspy/supernova yourself etc), but if everone was sent an email at the start, surely it would happen less?

i reckon it would have helped me anyways

like i said, just a thought
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    thats all very well but would anyone actually read it?
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Poster
    good point
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by newcombe6@17 March 2004 - 18:32
    I just wondering how easy it would be to send all new users who sign up to this forum, an email as they join to explain a few things.

im sure i did it when i first joined, but sooo many peolple post requests both in requests and it the mian movieworld section. could they be told its unnecessary to post twice?

also, no-one seems to use the search function? could this be explained aswell. ive lost count of the times ive seen everyone point people out to other threads.

like i said, everyone was new once, and as you get used to the forum more, you ask less basic questions (ie you check vdcquality/ircspy/supernova yourself etc), but if everone was sent an email at the start, surely it would happen less?

i reckon it would have helped me anyways

like i said, just a thought
    Look at all the damn "Stickys" we have explaining things newbie&#39;s ask all the time.

Do they actually read them? No.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Rule #1 of Noob Club: No complaining about noobs unless you&#39;ve been a member of the forum for more than 6 months. :rtfm:

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Poster
    not meant as a complaint boys ang girls, just an idea

it honestly would have helped me, and i would have bothered to read it

but if u cant get everyone to bother, then ur right, theres is no point. and to be fair, all the pinned topics dont seem to keep the same questions from coming up, so why wqould this work any better right?

but honestly, didnt mena to complain - im still a newbie anyway&#33;

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Maybe a PM with board controls set to popup PMs.

But again.........

Originally posted by Azzz@18 March 2004 - 18:48
    thats all very well but would anyone actually read it?&nbsp;