Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Download Managers Guide

Originally posted by Horsemen@21 March 2004 - 20:36
    Can you use Net Transport to download from wares like FlashGet.Does it have a referrer url box.
    Yes.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Fresh Download 6.80 RELEASED

Fresh Download is an easy-to-use and very fast download manager software that turbo charges downloading files from the Internet, such as your favorite freeware/shareware, mp3 files, movie files, picture collections, etc. Unlike any other similar utilities, this software is 100% free, no charges, no banners in the software (which steal your bandwidth) , no spyware.
    Key features of Fresh Download:

- Turbo charge downloading files in both FTP and HTTP protocols using your current internet connection (dial-up, cable, DSL / ADSL, satellite, T1, etc.)

- Pause and resume broken downloads, recover from a dropped Internet connection.

- Multiple connections download manager. To get the highest possible speed, this powerful tool uses 4 simultaneous connections (up to 8 connections) for the same file, while many other similar software only support single connection download. Based on user reports, this method may speed up your downloads by up to 400%

- Easy integration into Internet Explorer, Netscape Communicator, Opera, and Mozilla in any Windows operating system (95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, and XP). Simply grabs any URL from these popular browsers and Fresh Download will take over.

- Schedule your downloads for low traffic periods.

- Clipboard monitoring and drag drop features. Easily grabs any URL from any applications!

Antivirus support. Scan downloaded files from any viruses using your current antivirus software!

- Ability to download from password protected sites, in both HTTP and FTP protocols.

- Proxy Server support in both HTTP and FTP protocols.

- Built-in Zip file extractor
    WEBSITE & DOWNLOAD

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    There have been a few issues with Fresh Download....it buries it self deep into your registry and is very hard to rid yourself of it...i gave it a try to see for myself..i found it worked efficiently well with no noticeable problems...but when i unistalled it...it left a lot of hidden items in my PC....I read in some other forums where people experienced much worse conflicts with Fresh Download.
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    WinGet 1.6 Freeware

WinGet is an easy to use and small download accelerator that speeds up your download time by splitting the file into multiple threads while downloading, thereby maximizing the potential of your internet connection. The program can integrate with Internet Explorer and automatically take over the download for selected file types. WinGet is a good, basic download manager/accelerator. It lacks some advanced features and does not (yet) support cookies or authentication, so you could run into problems with some sites.

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://www.morenews.ru/arhive/2003-05-04/winget.gif&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    http://www.morenews.ru/arhive/2003-05-04/winget.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a></a>

<a href='http://www.winget.cc/]WEBSITE DOWN ?

DOWNLOADwinget16.exe Just scroll down and you will see it.

**edit - DDL removed

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by sharedholder@21 March 2004 - 07:07
    No spyware : NetTransport & Download Plus&#33;
    are u saying that DAP is good or bad sharedholder as u sort of said both now?
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    DAP ( download accelerator plus contains spyware ) .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by sharedholder@21 April 2004 - 12:04
    DAP ( download accelerator plus contains spyware ) .
    but u can clean it using ad aware...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Get Net Transport , is better and is clean.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    i cant get the nettransport to download

edit i mean i cant download the exe from the site

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by sharedholder@18 March 2004 - 07:00

GetRight (5.02, spyware-clean, free trial)
    GetRight has been one the first download managers around; in the early days spyware infected, but clean today. GetRight is not free, and doesn&#39;t have too many features compared to some other download managers in this test, but it&#39;s reliable and its IE integration works better than that of many others. If you already use it and don&#39;t miss any features, there are not many reasons to switch.

Update

NEW Version 5.1
    (Released March 22, 2004)
    for Windows
    95-98-ME-NT-2000-XP

GetRight is a Download Manager program to help you download files from the Internet.

Changes since 5.02:
    The Big Improvement:
    Secure Server transfers....HTTPS&#33; This is a registered-only feature, and the biggest change in 5.1.

Medium:
    Added so the download windows are resizeable. Makes the report much easier to see everything at once.
    Added often requested Save/Open prompt so you can now "Open" files easily.
    Added a new IE click monitoring method, in addition to the current way. Works fine with a few browsers based on IE that didn&#39;t work with other methods (AOL 9.0, Avant, etc.) Redid the Monitor config pages to have better descriptions and split into 2 pages to fit better.
    Fixed something that could cause "stuck at 99%" problems for some FTP servers.
    Added "File Types" to the folders on the download status...so you can more easily have things like .MP3 automatically filed.
    Change some options for the Server Synchronizer to give more control: sizes separate from dates, overwrite/resume separate, option to put everything into the same folder, etc.
    Improved the "Log Into Website" functions to better handle websites with several forms on one page (like a login and a search form). Should now pick out the one real Login form.
    Fix/change some things that seemed to cause rare crashes for a few people.
    And other things I forgot to list here...

Minor changes:
    Fixed so if you select a category on some screens (like the Advanced Download in the browser) it fills in the folder for that catetory in the Save To area.
    Added a few more columns on the Download Status. "Save To" folder where the file is being saved, and "Last-Modified" the date/time the file was last updated on the server.
    Fixed bug with really long file path+names in the "Recent Finished Files" menu not running right.
    Added so in the Click Monitoring, you can set the "Ignore" key combination to be no keys pressed--that way GetRight will be set to ignore everything in the browser unless the keys are pressed for "Catch" to specifically tell it you want to download a file.
    Fixed so the Verify URLs functions should get User/Pass from the Login (FTP & Basic) page right.
    Added some Right click menus on the Mirror Manager window.
    Added "Open when done" checkbox to the Save As window.
    Added option for Log Files to log when something is Deleted.
    Better handling if the old GetRight folder is deleted after an upgrade (so the places it&#39;s set to store the .LST files isn&#39;t there).
    Added "Make Unique" button to the "Overwrite/Resume" window when first saving a file. It will add -### to the filename to create a new unused name.
    Improvements to QuickSync/ServerSync.
    Added "Send URL as Referer" on Protocols config page.

And as always, there are lots of other little improvements and fixes I&#39;ve forgotten to list here...

More Minor changes:
    Made a couple minor fixes to 5.1. Fixed the installer to include the sound files again; and fixed so the new "Run when done" checkbox on the Save As window is unchecked by default the first time.

GetRight is now clean. Click here for their privacy statement. Click here for more

GetRight do NOT use a "phone home" system. Click here for more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast