Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folding@home Recruitment

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i was wondering if its possible to put a pinned topic in each of the worlds and the lounge, for about a week or something, with some info on folding@home and a link to this post since the team is doing well now, and to get some more members.

or maybe a link up next to the smilie generator to the folding@home post,

i know it has a pinned topic in the talk club, but not alot of people seem to go in there. :helpsmile:

Edit: and also people who have joined the team could also add a link to the post in the sig if they want.

also the team number is 34905

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Added...

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    I believe this was talked about amongst the team and a few ideas came about:

1 - Use the Custom Member Title cause to show your support.

2 - Place info in your Signature.

7th suggested
    3 - Ask the "team" is if they want to create a 80 x 80 avatar cause then I can upload it and they can simply pick it to show their "team status".

And yet another suggestion:

4 - You could ask the f@h team if they want to create a html page with info about the team, how to join etc etc cause if they do I could simply add a new link at the top navigation called Folding@FST where people get general info.

This would also attract more people cause google indexes us every day and people would find the team faster..

So whaddaya think??
    :-)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i was going to create a webpage with team and things, i may get into it later.
    or could 7th not put it under the homepage now?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@18 March 2004 - 17:15

4 - You could ask the f@h team if they want to create a html page with info about the team, how to join etc etc cause if they do I could simply add a new link at the top navigation called Folding@FST where people get general info.

This would also attract more people cause google indexes us every day and people would find the team faster..

So whaddaya think??
    This seems a good suggestion...

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by nigel123+18 March 2004 - 18:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 18 March 2004 - 18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CornerPocket@18 March 2004 - 17:15

So whaddaya think??
    This seems a good suggestion... [/b][/quote]
    ive kinda started something the now, kinda crap. but im working on it, should get it an uploadable version ready for tomorrow and comments will be welcome for changes etc.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    If you do a site just submit the html code and any images to me per email (PM me for my email address) and I&#39;ll include it and add a link. Also add a forum link to the page cause then peple can discuss in the right forum

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@18 March 2004 - 17:15
    7th suggested
    3 - Ask the "team" is if they want to create a 80 x 80 avatar cause then I can upload it and they can simply pick it to show their "team status".
    Nooooo,

A golden opportunity.

Allow &#39;folders&#39; to have a 100 x 100 avatar.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    How would you limit the 100 x 100 avatar to folders?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Dunno whether anyone&#39;s planning to make a logo/avatar set for FST Folders (I was considering it myself ), but until a proper decision is made I&#39;ve created an avatar that can be used to signify a forum member is part of the FAH team. Reason of conception is the same as all my stuff - I was bored

And yes, the fact that I&#39;ve got it as my avatar means that I&#39;ve joined the team

EDIT: Second avatar added to blend in with the colour that surrounds the avatar space B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast