Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Watch Your Movies?

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Any chance of the model number or the place you got it from jetje?

Found one by Marmitek but it's £95!

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Sorry didn't get back on it pmed already with some..

Well it's Marmitek400 2,4 ghz transmitter has 4 different channels using jacks (as that's the english word for it) comes with audio splitter to jack (from small pin as the audio out on soundcard, stereo to red/white audio)
    and yellow video.
    No software needed to install, just your videocard software it needs to have a video out...
    Playing vids is probably no different as using a cable.

Audio is no difference stereo quality think it's 99% Video quality is good a cable is better though 95%.
    Have hardly any interference, connection is stable till 100 meters through walls and floors.

Prizes, well i got it from a local electronic shop. There are 2 versions, one with a remote and infra red control, and the cheap one i got without that....

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Thanks jetje B)

Going on the hunt now...

edit: Wow jetje, you got a good deal!

Eventually I found a Philips SBC VL1200 Video Sender, nearly new for £70. Does the same job as the Marmitek, except you can connect 2 devices to the sender. Best deal I could find (if the guy hasn't sold it yet).

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    I think this is the american version of it.

It is called "entertainment anywhere". I did a little research and apparently the annoying pop up ads master X10 is the american counterpart of Marmitek.

It is 70 dollars with free shipping.
    Once I learn more about it I will probably buy it

http://www.x10.com/products/x10_vk57a.htm#e560d.4b6a

But it befuddles me how they think they can sell a product like this with out explaining how it connects to anything. No where on the page does it say "video card" or "tv-out".

Still I don't know how else it would hook up to your pc. They probably shy away from such information since most computers do not have TV-out cards.

I was happy to learn that mine does. It looks like an S-Video cable. But it appears this product just uses the traditional RCA cables.Would I need some converter from radio shack?

Or are all tv-out's on video cards S-video.

This could be really cool... but if you go full screen with many movies on your pc and they look like crap, I could only imagine how bad it would look on a large TV.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Well I bought one today.

It should arrive sometime next week. I will let you know how it works.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    jetje's Avatar former star
    curious at that... nice info Healimonster B)

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Heliamonster i got one today. Works very well with good quality picture and sound but when i try to play a video on my pc i just get a black screen but the sound comes through. Anyone have any ideas about this... please?

edit: it's not the video sender its my graphics card looking through to try and solve this...

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Originally posted by Skillian@13 March 2003 - 17:55
    Heliamonster i got one today. Works very well with good quality picture and sound but when i try to play a video on my pc i just get a black screen but the sound comes through. Anyone have any ideas about this... please?

edit: it's not the video sender its my graphics card looking through to try and solve this...
    Did you check your outputdevice-setting for videocard.
    Default is analog monotor you must therefore select tv.
    There is a proggy called tv-tool that lets you switch back and forth.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    i use Divx player.......

it is very easy to use

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    No No No...

Are you all mad ??

By FAR and away the best thing to use is an Xbox... it works just SO well.

get a standard Xbox.. bung a mod chip in it and install XBMP on it.

You get an excelent media player, no huge PC next to your TV.. the ability for AC3 output and a games console (which you can install mame, and a load of other great things on it).

Once you see a working system there is no going back !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast