Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Msn

Poster
    I am havin problems signin in on msn messenger and getting in on hotmail. Anyone else?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Marius24@18 March 2004 - 15:03
    I am havin problems signin in on msn messenger and getting in on hotmail. Anyone else?
    a lot of people are having problems...but i havent experienced any yet...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Same here.
    I'm having difficulties switching accounts.
    It's annoying as hell!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    microsoft should sort these bloody problems out

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Same here will not let me sign in
    thought it was just me .
    Cannot get any e-mails

cheers Peter :

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Had this happening as well but no worries...
    Well msn is busy making ads .
    So many ads these days!
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    even the service status page seems down

this is why i like using multiple networks for instant messaging. im guessing its a similar problem to what they had the other day.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    I found this article from a forum about MSN:

Last week Hotmail and MSN were down for hours, an event rare enough and long enough that it got the attention of tech magazines that reported it. MS declined to comment and it seemed to fade away.
    BUT the problems seem to me to be continuing and the lack of public notice is in itself a problem.
    I'm seeing lots of questions here and in other venues about Hotmail and MSN and Passport issues - and the result is people trying to FIX their problems and REPAIR their systems without realizing they are not the problem - that the problem is in Hotmail, MSN and Passport.

I am amazed at the lack of reporting by professional journals and the consumer disservice being done by MS by not being more forthcoming about the nature and extent of the problems and what consumers should expect and can do about it.

The following link is a report last week of these problems, but the problems are continuing and I've seen no other reporting of it. When I try to activate MSN Messenger, I still get the standard MS disclaimer that it could not be accessed because of a problem with the service "OR" my internet connection. That's MS BS! There is nothing wrong with MY internet connection.

writen by technosaur
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Then we should be ready for more major down times. JK
    The downtimes always happen, but microsoft used to do it with separate users, rather than all the service to make us think there is something wrong with our cmputers, but now, there was probably a major THING going on.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    MSN seems to come and go - I signed in after three tries this afternoon , can&#39;t get in now ; my sister hasn&#39;t been able to sign in since yesterday.

I just wonder wether this is deliberate. Maybe somebody is screwing up the service to piss off MS , which would explain why they won&#39;t comment.

So... what IM service do you use in times of crisis ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast