Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change Or Hide Ip Addy?

skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Is there a way to hide or change your IP address from showing up in post on message boards??

Thanks,
    Steve

Edit: I am currently using MyIE2.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    You can masquerade your IP by using a proxy server, you will need to use the proxy tool which is included in MyIE to change/input proxy servers. (Can be found in toolbar)

Find more about it here

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    https://filesharingtalk.com/proxy_servers.php

I have my own "private list" but that should work for you.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by shn
    Do you know of any open source software that can check the speed of proxies?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by leftism+18 March 2004 - 17:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism &#064; 18 March 2004 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn
    Do you know of any open source software that can check the speed of proxies?[/b][/quote]
    Latency can be a drag.

But just grab a good list and chain em.

I check mine here for transparency or what not.

You can pretty much tell the speed if ya hit refresh on your browser. Firefox has an extention or two.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by shn
    You can pretty much tell the speed if ya hit refresh on your browser. Firefox has an extention or two.
    Thanks but it&#39;s the source code I&#39;m after

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Guess I never really seen the point in a whole program just for that. It&#39;s reletavily easy to do anyway.

If you&#39;ll notice you can set a global wide proxy configuration for any Linux box just as you can in Windows. And it does not matter wether you chain them or not.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by shn
    Guess I never really seen the point in a whole program just for that. It&#39;s reletavily easy to do anyway.

If you&#39;ll notice you can set a global wide proxy configuration for any Linux box just as you can in Windows. And it does not matter wether you chain them or not.
    errm... I&#39;m not really sure what your getting at about the global proxy configuration.

I just want some source code that tests the speed of a proxy by transferring data through it and measuring how long it takes.

I know you can do it manually in a browser but thats not much good if you have a list of 100+ proxies.

Thanks anyway

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by leftism+18 March 2004 - 19:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism &#064; 18 March 2004 - 19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn

errm... I&#39;m not really sure what your getting at about the global proxy configuration.

I just want some source code that tests the speed of a proxy by transferring data through it and measuring how long it takes.

I know you can do it manually in a browser but thats not much good if you have a list of 100+ proxies.

Thanks anyway [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll see what I can do.

Like I said......."Latency."

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    edit: dont worry about it, I&#39;ll sort it out, thanks anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast