Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heatsinks

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah best thing is to never use the pad, just take it off then use paste, because when you heat it it makes it harder to get off.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...15&#entry533628

YOU STILL HAVEN'T BOUGHT THE HEATSINK AFTER SEVEN MONTHS? you asked before, and everyone already told you, a stock AMD heatsink is more than acceptable. just put the damn computer together already. >:|

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@18 March 2004 - 22:56
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...15&#entry533628

YOU STILL HAVEN'T BOUGHT THE HEATSINK AFTER SEVEN MONTHS? you asked before, and everyone already told you, a stock AMD heatsink is more than acceptable. just put the damn computer together already. >:|
    Very good point, 3RA1N1AC. You have a great memory. I didn't remember it was Keikan way back then.

@Keikan... Do as you wish.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Hey i'm not rich i had to wait a year for this puter and i'm still waiting. I'm just making last minute decisions. Ordering this weekend!!!
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Remove thermal paste and the like with 100% pure Acetone, NO nail polish remover. It will work like a dream. Use that on the CPU. For your heatsink use Goof Off. There are others that work too, but I have found those to be two of the best ones.
    Today is the day.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    could you oc with the pad?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    I have no idea if you could. I overclocked my xp1700+ with a stock heatsink that had the pad. I only got like 200 mhz out of it, the heat was too much. So I guess you could, but why not just spend $5 US and get some Arctic Silver 5? You use it more then once, so to me it's worth it. Besides, if you decide to change your stock heatsink out when you decide to do some serious overclocking then, you can use the artic silver 5 again.
    Today is the day.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Keikan@19 March 2004 - 19:34
    could you oc with the pad?
    yes, using thermal paste (ie arctic silver 5) u will only get temps about 5 degrees lower than with a thermal pad.

and dont take the heatsync off of the cpu once it has been attached until u plan on applying the arctic silver 5. if you take it off before and put it back on ur temperautres will skyrocket and you could even fry the cpu (i did that to an xp2000+ ) got a free 2200+ though

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by JunkBarMan@19 March 2004 - 18:42
    I have no idea if you could. I overclocked my xp1700+ with a stock heatsink that had the pad. I only got like 200 mhz out of it, the heat was too much. So I guess you could, but why not just spend $5 US and get some Arctic Silver 5? You use it more then once, so to me it's worth it. Besides, if you decide to change your stock heatsink out when you decide to do some serious overclocking then, you can use the artic silver 5 again.
    I dunno, people at a storing are building it for me, buying another heatsink costs too much. Maybe i could get them to scratch off the thermal pad and put thermal paste? Doubt they do that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast