Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Heatsinks

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Keikan@20 March 2004 - 17:56
    are you talking about with box or no box?

Can you use nail polish remover to get rid of the pad?
    with box, and dont use nail polich remover, i think somebody already said not too. it leaves behind odors and therefore leaves residue on the heatsync. the best to use are rubbing alcohol and lighter fluid, lighter fluid works better but im not sure if it leaves a residue behind wehich is why I go over it again with alcohol after all the pad is off.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    ya but you see 323 is a hatchback you could fit any box in the hatch we have a toyota corolla coupe
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Keikan@20 March 2004 - 19:58
    ya but you see 323 is a hatchback you could fit any box in the hatch we have a toyota corolla coupe
    you can fit it in the back seat...or even the front seat if u have to...its not impossible to do. or get it delivered to your house.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    ok how bout something more important like ram, Which is better in performance and ocing? samsung/infineon or twinmos basic also planning to dual channel can these ram dual?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    This looks like a pretty nice cooler for $20 bucks. The Heatsink at least...and its supposed to be under 30Dbs also.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@21 March 2004 - 21:11
    This looks like a pretty nice cooler for $20 bucks.  The Heatsink at least...and its supposed to be under 30Dbs also.
    Thats for the 64 bit machines though, so only get that if your getting a 64bit processor. However, like the regular XP coolers, I hear the stock AMD ones are quite adequate in the long run as well.

Also Keikan, I have heard, that the thermalpaste they have at radio shack, works nearly as good as Artic Silver 3, for about 5 bucks. (No, im not joking.)

Oh and as for the Ram, look at its rating, and it should be able to run at that, Bh5 chips used to be the big overclocking chips, but you dont really see those anymore. Now it really just depends on what the company uses.

Get yourself some nice 3500 Ram if you can, and you will have plenty of specified headroom over the standard overclock of 200FSB. However, if your ordering from a place like Newegg, their customer reviews area is a great place to get an idea of what other people have done with that type of ram.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234