Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I Record A Streaming Radio

is ther anything that will record streaming radio i.e from windows media player 9
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    any 1 got any ideas bout this?????????????????????????????????????????
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Good question.

As I can see nobody answered you yet I will ask around and find out for ya.FC is on it buddy.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Streamripper

Try that...don't know nothing about it.Let me know how it does.

And if I was a MOD I would move this to my(opps I mean our) MusicWorld.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    A friend of mine used to use a programme called streambox for ripping streaming real audio never used it myself so can't say for sure if or how it works .Here's a bit of what the readme file says
    "StreamBox VCR is a brilliant example of reverse engineering; it will take the address of a non-recordable real audio file (or in fact a long list of such files), decode them, contact the proper realaudio servers, and bully the server into sending it the raw files which it then saves to your harddrive."

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    this site has a nice little selection of all the latest streaming software and stream capture software available.

http://www.souxin.com/en/

streambox vcr is the best i have used. but it is now old so no support for real one.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I use Total Recorder Pro. It basically records anything that uses your sound card, ie speakers, so you can record streaming audio, tapes, records and basically anything you can hook up to your comp. Download a demo from CNET and look for a crack using Google...there are plenty about.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    You can record whatever your soundcard plays with any recording app. To do this open up the Contorl Panel and go to Sounds and Multimedia. Go to the Audio tab, and select the Volume button for the recording device. This will bring up your Volume Control. Go to Options -> Properties. Select the Wave/MP3 checkbox and hit OK. This puts another control in the main window. Now just check the box that says "Select" under the Wave/MP3 control.

Now you have selected your sound card as your recording source. You can use any program you want to record the audio. My favorite is Nero Wave Editor.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    insanebassman
    I use Sound Forge 6 to record streaming media, Real player and Windblows Media player

point your input to microsoft wave device

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    all the methods that just record the audio are lossy since if packets get lost you just don't hear it.

while apps like streambox and metaproduct offline explorer bully the server to give you the whole file. so there is no loss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast