Thread: Making The Impossible, Possible?

im trying to convert avi to mpeg without loss of quality and without a change in file size. I now have 3 files, which are 700 megs each. i want to put these three files on a watchable 4.7 gig dvd+rw. can someone help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I don't know about converting video files, but I can imagine some confusion arising from your wording...
    When you say I now have, do you mean you have already converted them to mpg, or that they are still avi files?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    downloaded them as avis. the problem is that my burning software sees the files length wise. being return of the king, the 3 parts would require 3 dvd! (according to my burning program). im thinking that if i encode them to mpeg, the burning software will see it as file size, not lengthwise.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Can't you just compile a data disc? In Nero, I think you just need to start a data disc project and add the files to it.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Can't you just compile a data disc? In Nero, I think you just need to start a data disc project and add the files to it.
    Pretty sure that's what you do.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Legolas@21 March 2004 - 00:02
    im trying to convert avi to mpeg without loss of quality and without a change in file size. I now have 3 files, which are 700 megs each. i want to put these three files on a watchable 4.7 gig dvd+rw. can someone help
    k, firstly it is absolutely impossible to convert avi to mpeg w/out loss of qual, and no increase in size.

now, it is poss to get a pretty good quality for 1 film, though it requires more than just nero to do it.

get a program called tmpegenc and use that to encode. use a dvd-template, and set the quality (and hence size) to 4400/3, then repeat for each file, and voila
    <insert signature here>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i could do that, but i want to watch it on the xbox

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    well then if it reads avi files, compile as data, if not (as i guess) do it my way, then ues tmpeg dvd author to create a standard dvd disk
    <insert signature here>