Thread: Missing Auto-search Check Box

I am currently using K-Lite v. 2.1.0 build 3 (April 18, 2003). It has been awesome and stable. I began having problems with Windows Explorer so I installed and ran Ad-aware which removed a .dll file which I downloaded and restored, successfully re-launching K-Lite. However, the Auto-Search box was missing. How is that possible and How do I correct the problem?

I'm currently sharing 1400 files and have shared over 7500 at various times. They are mostly hard to get files.

Thanks for any help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Get 2.6 from me sig. (also get Kazaa.exe and Magnet.exe)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by BlackMax77@19 March 2004 - 19:21
    I am currently using K-Lite v. 2.1.0 build 3 (April 18, 2003). It has been awesome and stable. I began having problems with Windows Explorer so I installed and ran Ad-aware which removed a .dll file which I downloaded and restored, successfully re-launching K-Lite. However, the Auto-Search box was missing. How is that possible and How do I correct the problem?

I'm currently sharing 1400 files and have shared over 7500 at various times. They are mostly hard to get files.

Thanks for any help.
    the new version are klr2.5.0 or klite2.6 rc19 go here to get them

try them both and see which one you like better

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks for the tips and the links. I did as you both said and got 2.6 RC19. It is very nice and has many visible and usable improvements. However, I hate the "start" tab on the right side of the search tool and can't live without the field breakdowns for limiting search by artist/album/title. Is there any way to recover that feature and disable "start" tab?

Thanks for your help!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by BlackMax77@20 March 2004 - 02:13
    Thanks for the tips and the links. I did as you both said and got 2.6 RC19. It is very nice and has many visible and usable improvements. However, I hate the "start" tab on the right side of the search tool and can't live without the field breakdowns for limiting search by artist/album/title. Is there any way to recover that feature and disable "start" tab?

Thanks for your help!
    did you also install klr2.5.0 and see how you like that one as i said??

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    No. Do I have to uninstall 2.6 first? I can't have them both installed and just switch between them can I? Is there that much difference in the interface?

Thanks for your patience and advice.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    yes you can have them both but you can only run one at a time, not too much difference, just check them out and see which one you like best, go here and look under fasttrack section