Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viruses When Downloading W/ Klite?

www.free-av.com

This is a program called AntiVir. It is free and in my opinion is probably better than norton antivirus 2004. It uses less resources and has AVGuard (autoprotect). That is very useful when downloading several files with any file sharing program. The only problem is the updater, which you can run manually daily (nearly daily updates) or use the seperate program within it called the Scheduler. It adds another icon in the system tray. I would just remember to run the updater every morning in my case. This anti virus also uses heuristics against those really nasty viruses. And when you load the main scanner, it automatically scans your memory and other vital parts of your system before doing the main scan to catch any programs that are already running. Although ive yet to do anything to get a virus yet, ive read that most of the alerts are not newbie friendly. They supposedly are very confusing. But if you think about the alert it gives out, it actually isnt that confusing in my case. But thats me.

Tell me what you think!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    IMO, AVG Anti-Virus is better..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    lol avg sucks and i got the test and thread to prove it, nod32 is the best bet

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    but it is not free. The one on the first post has almost all the features enabled.
    I use the workstation ver of that.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Post FREE-WARE not TRIAL-WARE

AVG
    AVAST
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    nod32 may be the best with scanning, but it does not support any sort of auto protect, and you have to download a whole new file to update. Now im gonna try the workstation version of antivir.

Gah i tried, it asks as a demo version until you get some key file, which im not going to spend time finding. I would just stick with the Personal Edition.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    you wanna try some free ones go here

but i think nod is very good even tho its not free

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by ChaOsMinsTreL@21 March 2004 - 23:51
    nod32 may be the best with scanning, but it does not support any sort of auto protect, and you have to download a whole new file to update. Now im gonna try the workstation version of antivir.

Gah i tried, it asks as a demo version until you get some key file, which im not going to spend time finding. I would just stick with the Personal Edition.
    It is a very small file that I got of Shareaza, get it form [Deleted]
    I will send you a PM with the link to the file, so I do not get F(&&#036;*#ed because of it.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by ChaOsMinsTreL@21 March 2004 - 18:21
    nod32 may be the best with scanning, but it does not support any sort of auto protect, and you have to download a whole new file to update.
    it doesnt have auto protect?&#33;? y not?? i dont really care bout the updates but i thought it had auto protect&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    I would&#39;nt bother with autoprotect mate anyway,unless your downloadin&#39; from here there everywhere.Which i doubt your are.Just run a scan often every few days or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast