Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printer

Poster
    Some places let you trade in your own empty cartridges for a discount off a new one.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+21 March 2004 - 19:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 21 March 2004 - 19:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@21 March 2004 - 19:51
    What do you want to print?

Black text only?
    Color?
    Photos?

Did you want a multifuction unit with built-in scanner?
    he said he alrady bought the epson r300, so you can get a good idea of what he wanted by looking at that printer... [/b][/quote]
    Sorry about that. I was really tired when I posted that.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Lick My Lovepump
    I wanted a nice all round printer really, but photos too.

The refills are £4 each from a place nearby, so it seemed a good choice. I&#39;ve had 2 HP printers in the past, and one Epson, and I have to say the very old HP is good, but the new one wasn&#39;t as good, bad design in my opinion.

Produce premium quality photos at up to 5760 optimised dpi on suitable media
    EPSON 6 colour inks for exceptional, highly durable photo results
    Individual ‘Intellidge’ ink cartridges for added control and economy
    Borderless printing up to A4 size – for lab-style photos (I like this a lot)
    Print directly onto printable CDs – even in standalone mode (this sounds fun)
    Direct printing from a wide range of memory cards including CompactFlash® (I & II), xD-Picture Card™, Smart Media™, SD Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MagicGate Memory Stick, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, IBM Microdrive™
    PictBridge and USB DIRECT-PRINT supported
    Optional Bluetooth® connectivity for wireless printing
    Back up and print images from external CD-R and Zip® drives
    EPSON Print Image Matching™ II supported for faithful photo reproduction
    EPSON PRINT Image Framer software for creative photo framing
    EPSON PhotoQuicker 3.5 software to enhance and personalise photos
    Windows® and Mac compatible

Payed £110, £3.79 for the ink cartidges.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@21 March 2004 - 13:40
    Went for an Epson R300.
    Heh-Hey - Great minds think alike B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    TRshady
    As long as it isn&#39;t a Lexmark .. you&#39;ll be fine .. never has one that worked
    You wouldn&#39;t think id learn my lesson after getting the 2nd LM printer right?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by TRshady@22 March 2004 - 12:05
    As long as it isn&#39;t a Lexmark .. you&#39;ll be fine .. never has one that worked
    You wouldn&#39;t think id learn my lesson after getting the 2nd LM printer right?
    Lexmark inkjet printers used to be HP printers with their own firmware (and external plastic case). The problem I&#39;ve always found is that while HP printers would automatically park the print heads after a while, Lexmark ones would only do that when you switched the printer off.

The result was that if you didn&#39;t use the printer often, but forgot to switch it off, the ink in the cartridges would dry out. Of course, this meant you had to pay a fortune on new carts when you might have only printed a few documents with the old one. More money for Lexmark.

I don&#39;t know if they still do that, but since they still license the technology from HP it stands to reason that they are at least as expensive.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    TRshady
    oh ... thanks for explaining that.
    Cheeky buggers ... still, have always preffered hand written anyway .. so I&#39;ll get by.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12