Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beep, Beep Fu@king Beep.

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@22 March 2004 - 00:34
    Well I think you'll just see it on factory built PC's.
    When I looked inside my one it had very slight metal coating sticks round the edges of the sides obviously once you close the case these metal ''sticks'' all touch each other to form a circuit if the case is open or not lined up properly the circuit would be broken thus setting off a alarm.
    Very neat idea, though can be quite annoying especially if you bend one of the sticks.
    What an interesting idea. They usually just use a tiny roller switch.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Ty for these suggestions, I've just got back but I'll try a few and let you know.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    *Grunt*
    Beeping is usually from internal speakers .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I,ve had to snip the wires it just got too much of a pain , I'd like to have known what was causing it b4 the big snip but I'll just have to leave it in the hands of mulder and scully

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by keyser_soze@28 March 2004 - 20:00
    I,ve had to snip the wires it just got too much of a pain , I'd like to have known what was causing it b4 the big snip but I'll just have to leave it in the hands of mulder and scully
    u could ahve just disconnected it from the board...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by keyser_soze@21 March 2004 - 15:33
    I've had to post this cos its getting too much to bear   My pc is making beeping noises at me from inside the tower, it usually happens when booting up or when doing stuff that requires a lot of memory, most stuff I've found on net tells me about bios beep codes which in theory should give me an indication of any hardware probs prior to boot up, I've listened to the beeps on boot up and there does'nt seem to be any pattern to it  :helpsmile: So far I have been unable to find anything relating to pc's beeping while the os is loaded and running. I've opened the case and checked everythings connected and seated right. The beeps seem to get worse the more ram I'm using, i.e opening  say my antivirus software  maybe get a couple of beeps while burning cd's or editing video will be constant beeping.
    Does any1 know whats the best thing to try next or of any software that might show up any probs ?

Help appreciated.
    check inside ur case. Sometimes there is a small metallic speaker mounted on the bottom of the case inside. If it gives you too much trouble just cut the wires.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Sorry for not replying earlier I've been away
    u could have just disconnected it from the board...
    The speaker wire was on the same loom block as other stuff so needed snipped, I'm gonna carry on trying some diff types of m/board tests and see if it was just the speaker that was playing up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12