Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Came First

I like Fireworks 100 times more than Adobe Phototshop...
    but who wos on the Graphic scene first

Adobe or Macromedia Fireworks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i pretty sure Adobe PS1 was out first..

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    There's slight difference when they were launched. Adobe is the pioneer.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by MetroStars@16 December 2003 - 19:45
    I like Fireworks 100 times more than Adobe Phototshop...
    u may prefer fireworks but photoshop is alot powerfuler (sp) and more widely used

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If I was being brutally honest, these Photoshop vs Fireworks debates on multiple forums have started to be LOL material for me. The reason is that these are (abeit unnoticible by non-users) somewhat different.

Fireworks is used primarily to create vector graphics - This is because of their crispness and their smaller size compared to similar bitmap images; this makes them effective at their purpose of web images (Remember that Macromedia Studio, despite its almost swiss-army status, is designed mainly for web development)

Photoshop is used for exactly what is on the tin - Photos. Some bright spark however had learnt the potential of PS and so has become more than just editing photos. But its main use is still to create/edit bitmap graphics - Larger file size most times but looks a damn sight better.

In effect, comparing FW & PS is like comparing shampoo and soap, when in fact both are used for different things.

If you truly wanted to compared Macromedia and Adobe, try Fireworks vs Illustrator or Dreamweaver/Flash vs GoLive - Macromedia has no equivalent of Photoshop

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    dam gud answer Illuminati

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Well, iv heard of Fireworks a long time before Photoshop, but Foreworks, is a fucking cunt, its shit! Ps, it a lot better.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    TRshady
    Originally posted by Illuminati@17 December 2003 - 00:37
    If I was being brutally honest, these Photoshop vs Fireworks debates on multiple forums have started to be LOL material for me. The reason is that these are (abeit unnoticible by non-users) somewhat different.

Fireworks is used primarily to create vector graphics - This is because of their crispness and their smaller size compared to similar bitmap images; this makes them effective at their purpose of web images (Remember that Macromedia Studio, despite its almost swiss-army status, is designed mainly for web development)

Photoshop is used for exactly what is on the tin - Photos. Some bright spark however had learnt the potential of PS and so has become more than just editing photos. But its main use is still to create/edit bitmap graphics - Larger file size most times but looks a damn sight better.

In effect, comparing FW & PS is like comparing shampoo and soap, when in fact both are used for different things.

If you truly wanted to compared Macromedia and Adobe, try Fireworks vs Illustrator or Dreamweaver/Flash vs GoLive - Macromedia has no equivalent of Photoshop
    Thats that sorted then.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Originally posted by Illuminati@17 December 2003 - 01:37
    If I was being brutally honest, these Photoshop vs Fireworks debates on multiple forums have started to be LOL material for me.  The reason is that these are (abeit unnoticible by non-users) somewhat different. 

Photoshop is used for exactly what is on the tin - Photos.  Some bright spark however had learnt the potential of PS and so has become more than just editing photos.  But its main use is still to create/edit bitmap graphics - Larger file size most times but looks a damn sight better. 

Very good point...I've been using the Macromedia and Adobe software for a fair while now (since DW2 and Illustrator 6 ) and i use Photoshop and Illustrator primarily for web graphics , never really touched on Fireworks at all...adobe has done me proud for all these years..and having Imageready bundled with photoshop is a bonus..strange i've never used Golive but i think Dreamweaver is the dogs anyway..jus' keeps getting better...

In reply to the first question...Adobe was there years before Macromedia...
    Good idea this 'Internetworld'....lets keep it going!!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@16 December 2003 - 22:20
    i pretty sure Adobe PS1 was out first..
    Nice signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast