Thread: Basic Instructions For Newbie

I swear I read the manual, so don't mistreat me please!

1. If I ever do get proficient and download something of poor technical quality, am I supposed to report on its integrity? If so, how?

2. Can I share from my CD drive, or do I have to record my CD onto my desktop first? I've selected the CD drive as shareable (by the way, that's in Options/Find media to share, not Tools/Find media to share - at least on my machine). My question is more about whether the music files on a CD are useful to someone, or if they have to be converted into MP3s...

3. If I get a message about "more sources needed" should I just keep choosing "find more sources for download" over and over?

Much obliged.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    1.can't hurt-but I don't know how
    2.don't know but it's an interesting idea-you should try it B)
    3.fraid so.It's a huge network and you can't always get every file you want

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    You can share files that are in your CD drive, but expect a lot of whirring sounds then.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks. I look forward to freaking out my cat with the whirring sounds.

In the meantime, in the spirit of usefulness I'll record some of my cds onto the hard drive.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    1) You don't have to if you don't want to. Go to My Kazaa Lite (next to theater), locate your file>right-click>edit details>then choose/type the intergrity.

2) You can but it's better to extract and/or convert to MP3's which can be easier at times.

3) Keep searching for the file manually, enable autosearchmore, and have a type of Speed-up running (i.e. Sharemonkey speedup, Kazap, etc)