Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Content.ie5

hi, what is the content.IE5 folder, i had saved filesharingtalk.com on my desktop as a direct link to this web site and the icon to the website were small little orange sqares. in my contenat.IE5 folder there were 3 or 4 othere folders and in one of those folders were all little pictures of places where i had visited, even the avatars were there of all you lot in here, so i deleted all of them, and now my icons for my internet shortcuts ie, suprnova,filesharingtalk.com and some others- their icons have all changed to a white background and with the blue 'e' on them, whats happened and can i get them back. and why are all those pictures stored, i mean on of the folders was called '6WWGJ6RH -i mean what kind of stupid name is that for a folder

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    h1
    They're your temporary internet files, and why the hell did you delete something if you didn't know what it was?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    good question haxor, i have learnt in the past that if i dont know something - just to leave it alone, but thats what being human is all about i suppose. i can imagine there no undoing what has been done then?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    What are you guys talking about? I always delete this folder that IE makes a new fresh one, so F$&* it.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    h1
    Get data recovery software. EnCase is the best, at least according to the FBI.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    no use EE to remove it from the HD 4ever. Not even with eMicrosocopes can recover it (according to the authors)
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    h1
    Originally posted by supersonic@22 March 2004 - 20:49
    no use EE to remove it from the HD 4ever. Not even with eMicrosocopes can recover it (according to the authors)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    ha ha haa

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    is there a way i can stop things from being placed on my h/d, i mean i didnt even know that all the places i have visited are being stored on my pc, even small pictures. where are my rights gone- im not even asked if i want these useless things stored&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    The idea is to speed up browsing pages that you have already visited. If you&#39;re on dialup and visit a page with a few pictures on it, then return the next day, the parts of that page that haven&#39;t changed won&#39;t need to be downloaded because IE can just load them off your hard drive.
    If you are so paranoid that this bothers you (and, frankly, I can only imagine one reason for being so) make the relevant changes to your Internet Settings in the Control Panel. Then stop bitching about it.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast