Thread: Virus ?

I cant get rid of these two big bin.exe files
    -Battlefield_1942.CD1.FLT.ShareReactor.bin.exe (723 mb)
    -FLT-BFD2.BIN.exe (414 mb)

Ive tried to remove it from recycle bin for like 50 times, but my computer hangs everytime I try to do so. (you can imagine how many times Ive restarted my comp manually). Ive even tried to remove it with jv16 power tools, but it hangs too..
    are these two files virus or what?? help me get rid of those files please..they are so big

2. Games   -   #2
    Ex-member
    if you're using Win98 or ME you can just start up your computer with a startup disc and delete them from DOS.

if you're using 2000/XP, you'll need a DOS driver for NTFS - there are plenty of these around, just do a search.

Using DOS is the best way to delete files - it does it no matter what.

3. Games   -   #3
    Twist3r
    make sure that a virtual driver such as daemon tools doesnt have the image mounted

4. Games   -   #4
    I got ME, how can I get to DOS and delete it?

Twister = I dont use daemon

5. Games   -   #5
    helloowww.. geee geee

6. Games   -   #6
    Ex-member
    Create a Windows Startup Disc (this should be under the add/remove programs dialogue box in the Control Panel).

Start up your computer with the new startup floppy. When you see a:\ and the flashing cursor, type

del c:\filepath\filename.ext

Where filepath\filename.ext is the full path and name of the file you're trying to delete, eg.
    del c:\download\gamecopy.bin

then hit return.

Incidentally, MS-DOS only supports filenames that are 8 characters, so rename any files and directories that are too long before trying this in MS-DOS.

When you're done, type 'restart' to reboot the machine. Remember to take out the floppy!

7. Games   -   #7
    I tried it but it says "cant read drive D:" and give me 3 "options abort retry fail?" ..should I move the files to my drive C: (primary hard drive) ?

8. Games   -   #8
    err what's your hard drive letter? c:? or d:? / where is this file right now... i had a virus that just kept copyin a couple of small files all over again... well no it just wont let me delete them... totaled up to be 12 mbs onli tho

9. Games   -   #9
    Ex-member
    I tried it but it says "cant read drive D:" and give me 3 "options abort retry fail?" ..should I move the files to my drive C: (primary hard drive) ?
    Yeah, give that a try.

You could also try starting up in Safe Mode in order to delete them.

To start up in safe mode, hit F8 when the 'starting windows...' message appears.