Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike - How?

Poster
    what do i need to play counter strike online?

am i right in saying i need to install half life
    then install the counter strike mod?

is that all?

can i install half life 2 and then the condition zero mod?

or do i install half life/counterstrike and then condition zero?
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

2. Games   -   #2
    Condition Zero is a standalone game.You dont anything to play it except Steam.

To play Counter-Strike you need it install it,but you need a new Half Life (1) cd key to play it on Steam.

Taken from the Steam Website(http://www.steampowered.com)

How do I install and use mods in Steam?

If you have a Half-Life mod installed before installing Steam, Steam will automatically convert and install the game for you. It will then be accessible in the Steam "My Games" list under "Third Party Games."

If you want to add a mod after installing Steam, you need only to put it in the Steam/SteamApps/your_email_address/Half-Life directory. The next time you open the "My Games" list it will be listed under "Third Party Games."

3. Games   -   #3
    if you want to play CS through steam remember to dl steam first before buying. install and test steam to see if it works. I bought cs but couldnt get steam to work because of an error, still cant play cause of the error.

4. Games   -   #4
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Happened to me too , Cs 1.5 works really great though

5. Games   -   #5
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    1.6 = buy cs or half-life, install steam, put in cd-key, play

1.5 = buy cs or half-life, install any of them, if you got half-life download cs mod, if you bought cs download the 1.5 update

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Monkeee@23 March 2004 - 02:04
    1.6 = buy cs or half-life, install steam, put in cd-key, play

1.5 = buy cs or half-life, install any of them, if you got half-life download cs mod, if you bought cs download the 1.5 update
    tried steam for 1.6 put in my cd key said it was already detected but thats bs cause its my key

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    ok ok, so install steam, then cs condition zero and insert a cd key for half life?
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by bilko@23 March 2004 - 10:28
    ok ok, so install steam, then cs condition zero and insert a cd key for half life?
    No.
    If you want to play Condition Zero than you dont need a half life cd key,you will get one with Condition Zero.
    So you need to install Steam and then CS:Condition Zero

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    im talking about suprnova here directly
    now there is a cs condition zero file (multi player) for around 300MB
    there is a file called steaminstall full for around 700

do i get both these them im ready?

please guy i dont wanna d/l more than i need, can u give me the file names and their sizes needed? please i really wanna play this
    can i play online with it too?
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by bilko+23 March 2004 - 17:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bilko @ 23 March 2004 - 17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> im talking about suprnova here directly
    now there is a cs condition zero file (multi player) for around 300MB
    there is a file called steaminstall full for around 700

do i get both these them im ready? [/b]

Yes

<!--QuoteBegin-bilko
    @23 March 2004 - 17:24
    can i play online with it too?[/quote]
    You wil need a working CD key.I dont know if there is a working one contained the CS:CZ file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast