Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions About Stuff For My Future New Case

lynx's Avatar .
    #2 - The plastic is UV reactive - there is no actual lamp in the fan so voltage makes no difference to it.

#5 - Looks like the Olympic flame to me.

#6 - My latest drive is one of the new Seagate models. It is virtually silent in terms of constant noise, but when seeking I found the vibration tranferred itself to the case and was very noticable. I used a piece of heat-shrink tubing cut open to provide a very thin rubber strip (0.25mm?) between the drive and the case and that sorted the problem. Find out if it rattles before bothering with this, it depends very much on the type of case.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx@23 March 2004 - 04:44
    #2 - The plastic is UV reactive - there is no actual lamp in the fan so voltage makes no difference to it.

#5 - Looks like the Olympic flame to me.

#6 - My latest drive is one of the new Seagate models. It is virtually silent in terms of constant noise, but when seeking I found the vibration tranferred itself to the case and was very noticable. I used a piece of heat-shrink tubing cut open to provide a very thin rubber strip (0.25mm?) between the drive and the case and that sorted the problem. Find out if it rattles before bothering with this, it depends very much on the type of case.
    I knew it was you who did that

@Mïcrösöül°V³, I have some garden hose washers in my garage I think, so Im going to try them out, possibly after school. I gota make sure my screw are long enough to reach the hard drive after they've been spaced so much...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12