Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Was It Closed?

Interesting, an obviously over the top rant was closed.

All we know is that "A" member was offended.

Nobody would like to share what was the exact offense, unless it has been PMed to Busybody.

And, as is ALWAYS the case, every MOD but the one who closed it showed up to say nothing helpful.

It is just the lounge, people are allowed to vent. Not every word should be taken literally and judging from the thread as a whole, it was done in jest. Buried under the STFU and GTFO gusto, Busybody was actually making comments about respecting others threads, keeping spam in the appropriate forum, and taking personal responsiblity for ones actions, among other things.

Let's not little Polly Prissy pants run the forum, or else who is going to have any fun?

Reopen the thread, I doubt anyone will get scarred for life.

If you people can't understand why folks get angry/annoyed at having their topics closed for no stated reason, and the other mods just make lame excuses about signature size and such, you simply don't have clue 1 about human nature.

People do not like having their autonomy controlled by random acts of censorship. Simple human nature.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes@23 March 2004 - 15:56
    Interesting, an obviously over the top rant was closed.

All we know is that "A" member was offended.

Nobody would like to share what was the exact offense, unless it has been PMed to Busybody.

And, as is ALWAYS the case, every MOD but the one who closed it showed up to say nothing helpful.

It is just the lounge, people are allowed to vent. Not every word should be taken literally and judging from the thread as a whole, it was done in jest. Buried under the STFU and GTFO gusto, Busybody was actually making comments about respecting others threads, keeping spam in the appropriate forum, and taking personal responsiblity for ones actions, among other things.

Let's not little Polly Prissy pants run the forum, or else who is going to have any fun?

Reopen the thread, I doubt anyone will get scarred for life.

If you people can't understand why folks get angry/annoyed at having their topics closed for no stated reason, and the other mods just make lame excuses about signature size and such, you simply don't have clue 1 about human nature.

People do not like having their autonomy controlled by random acts of censorship. Simple human nature.
    I was PM'ed about my sig and have no problem with that.
    It violated board rules. btw the pic is the Lounge now to sneak a peak. ahhhhh

I was just curious as to the rationale behind the topics closing.

If I can't get an answer, I will not go Billy Dean on anyone or anything like that.

To some it is a big deal because you wonder what's the point in posting here.
    Imagine if you posted something that just disappeared afterwards...oh wait that has happened.

The topic was merely STFU!!! with commentary.

I am not rated G
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    h1
    Well, I can see what j2k4 meant when he said Busyman doesn't like to lose.

But I think it's time we kill this thread.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Originally posted by haxor41789@23 March 2004 - 17:26
    Well, I can see what j2k4 meant when he said Busyman doesn't like to lose.

But I think it's time we kill this thread.
    Well guess what, you probably just did.

Nice going.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@23 March 2004 - 21:20
    To some it is a big deal because you wonder what's the point in posting here.
    Imagine if you posted something that just disappeared afterwards...oh wait that has happened.
    Indeed it has

Did'nt we have a discussion once about mods closing topics without explaination?
    I think its fair that the thread was closed because someone took offense and a mod agreed that it could be offensive. What I dont agree with is it being closed without a quick reply to explain why. IMO it shows a lack of respect to the members that posted in a thread.

Closely related: Has anyone seen my missing posts

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Originally posted by namzuf9+23 March 2004 - 18:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 @ 23 March 2004 - 18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@23 March 2004 - 21:20
    To some it is a big deal because you wonder what&#39;s the point in posting here.
    Imagine if you posted something that just disappeared afterwards...oh wait that has happened. &nbsp;
    Indeed it has

Did&#39;nt we have a discussion once about mods closing topics without explaination?
    I think its fair that the thread was closed because someone took offense and a mod agreed that it could be offensive. What I dont agree with is it being closed without a quick reply to explain why. IMO it shows a lack of respect to the members that posted in a thread.

Closely related: Has anyone seen my missing posts [/b][/quote]
    I remember your missing posts.

That was eerie indeed. That seemed more like a glitch though...but...maybe not.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    There is a certain mod on here who has told me they will refuse when locking a topic to put a explanation in at the end, Not going to say who of course

anyways thats all i have to say about that

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@23 March 2004 - 23:26
    There is a certain mod on here who has told me they will refuse when&nbsp; locking a topic to put&nbsp; a explanation in at the end, Not going to say who of course
    I&#39;m sorry but stuff like that sounds very much like a power trip to me.
    oh look I can stop you posting and there&#39;s nothing you can do about it muhahha
    Edit:profanity.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    BANNED
    my god, 3 pages of posting about a sig and a closed topic. if this isnt spam, then what is?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    jetje's Avatar former star
    no powertrip, just doing some things on the board while i was at work...
    usually i post reasons when closing it, guess i forgot it this time.... mmm if it was me who closed it... damn Alzheimer

posted this in that topic reopened it have fun...

Originally posted by jetje
    stfu and gtfo...
    freakin&#39; funny topic...&nbsp; &nbsp; someone complaint about this gues it was me who closed it, normally give an explanation, guess i was in a hurry, must have been that... well see again we mods nevver can make a small error without having big debates about it....
    oh and yes must have been the european calling...
    so stfu and gtfo.... (why complain about closing a topic while you started with such a topic title&nbsp; ) so stfu and gtfo
    ps the guy complaining about this post in here... and sort it out, i&#39;m off going to bed&nbsp;
    so stfu and gtfoi

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast